Chapter 8: Life or Love?

*Adrien wakes up*

Adrien: wha-where am- Hawkmoth! What have you done with Nathalie?! What have you done with my father!?

Hawkmoth: *chuckles* it's not about what I've done with them, it's about what I'm going to do with you pretty boy.

Adrien: but you can't-*looks down at his hand* my ring!!!

Hawkmoth: you really think I'd just kidnap you for no reason? I found out your secret, and now it's no more.

Adrien: Then why are you keeping me here?

Hawkmoth: you will serve another purpose. Tell me boy, are you aware that Ladybug is Marinette Dupain-Cheng?

Adrien: *looks down*

Hawkmoth: what about this, did you know that said Marinette Dupain-Cheng is in love with you?

Adrien: *looks up and nods,**realizes what hawkmoth is getting at* no, no!!!!!! You can't!

Hawkmoth:*chuckles* watch me, I will threaten you, and just like that your little lover will come running to give up her miraculous. You make her vulnerable Adrien, ever heard the saying "Love is blind"?

Adrien: please! you can't do this to her!

hawkmoth: again Adrien, you should really be more worried about what I'm going to do to you, I have to scare ladybug enough to get her to come save you don't I? *he leaves the lair, making Adrien alone*

Nathalie: sir, you're not really going to harm Adrien, are you?

Gabriel: of course noIt, but  cannot lead him to believe that it is me. And we must still use him to drag Ladybug her, and without her Chat Noir, she will be easy to defeat.

/With Ladybug\

*tries to call chat noir, no response*

Ladybug: where are you Chat? I need you, Adrien could be in trouble! *her phone starts ringing* Finally, this must be him. *she picks up, to find it is not Chat Noir, but Hawkmoth*

Hawkmoth: ah Marinette! Surprised to see me?

Ladybug: you!!! oh I'm gonna-

Hawkmoth: hurt me? I think you focus on keeping me from hurting him. *shows Adrien, locked up*

Ladybug: *gasps* let him go!

Hawkmoth: if you turn yourself into me, I will let Adrien go, and I will not hurt anyone else.

Adrien: Ladybug! don't come! Please!

Hawkmoth: quiet you! You have till the end of the day to save your love.

Ladybug: *confused* But how did you-

Hawkmoth: ha! did you really think I saw none of your emotions when you connected our minds!? I know all of your secrets, including your love for poor young Adrien.

Ladybug: *sighs* you promise to not hurt anyone else?

Hawkmoth: I will have no need, you are all I want.

Ladybug: And you will let Adrien go?

Hawkmoth: as soon as you're here.

Ladybug: *sighs* I'm on my way.

Adrien: Ladybug please! I'm not worth it!

Ladybug: Adrien you must-

hawkmoth: *hangs up**evil laugh*

Adrien: No! please......don't hurt her

Hawkmoth: why does that matter to you? I'll let you go.

Adrien: you can't hurt her! I can't live without her.

Hawkmoth: well unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it.

Adrien: please, hurt me instead. Take me instead. do whatever you want with me just don't hurt her! Please! I don't care what you do as long as you don't harm her!

*Gabriel knows he was never going to harm Adrien, but can't admit it to Adrien or he will find out that he is hawkmoth*

Hawkmoth: no, I-i don't want you I want her. And if I harm you I won't get her miraculous.

*suddenly the trapdoor begins to open, someone is coming through. It's Marinette but she is untransformed, and not wearing her earrings*

Marinette: I'm here, *points to Adrien* let him go.

Hawkmoth: what!? This is not what we agreed upon.

Marinette: is it not? I remember you specifically said I was all that you want, well here I am. And you told me you'd let Adrien go as soon as I'm here

Hawkmoth: I need your earrings

Marinette: well my earrings were never part of the agreement.

Hawkmoth: well then, I'm going to change the agreement! *pulls out sword from his cane* you will give me your earrings or I will take them! *he points his sword at her throat and begins walking toward her, she backs up until her back hits the wall, his sword right in front of her chest*

Adrien: No!!