Chapter 9: Lost

Hawkmoth: *holding sword up to her chest as she's pushed against the wall* so, what'll it be?

Marinette: I guess, this! *she swipes her leg under hawkmoths, tripping him, so he falls. He drops the sword but Marinette catches it, and throws it at Adrien, breaking his chains. They run toward each other and embrace one another, and without him noticing. Marinette slips something into his back pocket* No matter what, you can't let him get them!

Adrien: get what?

Hawkmoth: you think it's just that easy? *he picks Marinette up by her throat* I'll destroy you to get your earrings, where are they!?

Marinette: *can barely breathe* Ill...*gasp*........never....*gasp*...tell..you!!

Hawkmoth: well then, you leave me no choice young lady. *he drops her*

Marinette: *takes a huge breath now that her throat is released, and breathes heavily* What are you doing?

Hawkmoth: *evil chuckle**he goes down, out of his lair*

Adrien: Marinette! *he rushes over to her*

Marinette: Adrien, I don't have a good feeling about this.

Adrien: don't worry Marinette, we will find a way out of here, then we can go save Nathalie and my Father.

Marinette:*realizes he doesn't know Gabriel is hawkmoth* Adrien......Hawkmoth is-

*Hawkmoth comes back up into his lair, but this time Nathalie is with him, but her arms are chained so it looks like Hawkmoth is forcing her and Adrien doesn't find out they are working together. Nathalie is holding up a phone, to video*

*Hawkmoth grabs his sword, and then Marinette off the ground, and pulls her right in front of him, holding the sword up to her neck. And he tapes over her mouth, preventing her from speaking. Nathalie then presses something on the phone, causing bars to close around Adrien*

Hawkmoth: *evil laugh* now Nathalie.

*Nathalie gives him a thumbs up, or best she can with chained wrists, and the video is being broadcasted through every television, phone, or tablet, everywhere in Paris*

Hawkmoth: People of Paris! I have found your beloved Ladybug, and precious Chat Noir.

*Nathalie turns and shows Adrien, locked up, then turns back to Hawkmoth with Marinette*

Hawkmoth: unfortunately, Marinette Dupain-Cheng "lost" her miraculous on her way *tightens his grip on the sword and brings it even closer to Marinette's neck* if it is not found and brought to me by the end of the day, then this city may "lose" its ladybug.

Marinette: *with tears in her eyes, and scars on her face, Marinette mumbles through the tape, and rapidly shakes her head, just enough so the corner of the tap comes off her mouth and allows her to scream* DON'T LET HIM GET MY-

*the broadcast cuts off, and Hawkmoth throws Marinette to the floor*

Hawkmoth: that should do the trick *evil smile* it won't be long now till my wish comes true

*tired, heavily injured, and out of breath, Marinette passes out on the ground, and Hawkmoth leaves the lair*