(BONUS CHAPTER) Chapter 21: The Rose (Part 1/2)

"And there you have it everyone, just as always, our fearless hero Ladybug has saved the day. And just like in all good stories, I think the two of them have found their happily ever after."

Luka sighed, not a sad or regretful sigh, but more of a satisfied sigh. The sigh you have when you are so happy that all of your friends are happy, but you are still broken on the inside. Of course, Luka was very happy for Adrien and Marinette. Marinette finally got the man she deserved to be with, even if it wasn't him. With all his injuries now healed, Luka just decided it would be best if he detransformed and went home.

As he walked past the Eiffel tower he saw Adrien's forehead pressed against Marinette's, he was whispering something to her and of course she was smiling at him. They just looked so happy with each other, and so in love. He just wished he had someone he could be so in love with, that truly loved him back. Luka remembered what Marinette had told him earlier.

"You are perfect in your own way, and you WILL find someone who can mimic your perfection and give you all of their love, I promise."

These words bounced in his head over and over as he continued walking with solitude, but at the same time, peace.

~

"Our fairytale," Adrien said.

Marinette giggled, but she looked down and saw Luka seemed pretty sad. It was obvious he saw her kissing Adrien.

Adrien noticed that Marinette's glance changed, and looked over at Luka as well.

"Too bad not all of us found our fairytale ending." Adrien said to her.

"I trust he will find someone perfect. I was never right for him, I belong with you. But one day the right one will come along. "

There was a moment of silence as they both looked just smiled gently at one another, until Marinette had an idea.

"That's it!!" she exclaimed, picking the single red rose off of the ground. She looked over at Luka and, of course, he became red with black dots in Marinette's sight. She swung over to Luka and landed right in front of him.

This seemed to startle him, he was pretty deep in thought.

"Here." She said to him, and held out the red rose.

Of course Luka was pretty confused and troubled, Marinette loves Adrien, why all of the sudden was she giving him a rose? Marinette saw the confused look in his face, so before he could question it, she continued.

"Don't worry, it's not from me. It's from YOU, to give away to the right girl, at the right time."

"But, how will I know when that is?"

"I think you'll just.....know. I've put you through a lot of emotions these past few weeks. I want to be the one who helps you get the opportunity to start over with someone new, and I think my rose might help. Well, your rose. " she winked at him, then swung back over to Adrien.

Luka looked down at the rose and smiled, then shrugged and said to himself "well, it's worth a shot." He put the rose in the pocket of his jacket, and continued walking back toward his house, with hope.

______________________________________________

When Luka woke up the following day, the city seemed pretty calm, for the first time in a while. He looked up at his clock, it read 5:18am. "Uhg, that's why it's so calm," he thought to himself. The whole night he had been sleeping restlessly, which surprised him considering how tired he was from all the fighting from yesterday. He figured there was just too much on his mind, everyone in Paris seemed to be happy and celebrating because of the safe city and the new couple, everyone except Luka. He was happy.....sure. But it has been a big sacrifice on his part, and there was just no one to talk to about it.