Chapter 17: Chat Blanc

Once Chat Noir was completely taken over, in a moment he fell to the ground. Once he got up, he felt himself again, as if his consciousness was returning to him, but, it felt different. The new hawkmoth sucked all feeling and emotion out of him, he felt the same but, at the same time he felt....nothing. He didn't care for anyone, love anyone, worry about anyone, he just felt a thirst for revenge. All positive or joyful emotion was gone, the definition of psychopath. And on top of that, his powers were increased at least tenfold. There was nothing stopping him from hurting people now.

"Now that you're ready, let's go find Marinette."

Before she even finished her sentence, Chat Blanc leaped toward the hospital without hesitation. When he spoke, his voice was slightly lower than his regular voice, and had a weird echo to it, almost like he had a sore and scratchy throat.

"You don't need to ask me twice."

____________

Marinette wasn't doing very well alone in room 259, her condition was improving, but not by much, and very slowly. She had multiple fractured bones, and her left leg was broken, making it impossible to walk. Her head was filled with excruciating pain as a result of being saved by so much magic no one really knew about. To keep the pain from being too much to bear she had to always keep her eyes closed. This was uncomfortable for her as well, being a superheroine, she liked to be always aware of her surroundings. This limited amount of control over her situation was not something she was used to. But with her eyes closed, she made the best of her situation by just imagining how much better life would be once she was all healed...no hawkmoth, no akumas, and she could spend all her days with Adrien. Oh Adrien...the thought of him alone as able to improve Marinette's mood. She thought about how he was so close to giving up the miraculous, and his own life, just to save Marinette. She remembered how loyal he's always been to Ladybug since the start, and how kind he's always been as Adrien.

So, it was coincidental that Adrien walked in that very moment, but, he wasn't Adrien anymore. He opened the door very slowly in an attempt to intimidate Marinette, but she was deep enough in her thoughts that she didn't even realize until he spoke.

"Hello there, Marinette," he said to her, with the most evil grin on his face, and his voice still sounding creepier than ever. But instead of fear, he couldn't help but notice Marinette seemed very happy to see him......Well, hear him that is, her eyes were still closed so she didn't realize he was akumatized. She heard his voice and it made her happy. Although she did notice his voice was different, Marinette assumed she was hearing things weirdly along with her many other injuries.

"Adrien!" She said merrily, still closing her eyes, "I was just thinking about you and how happy we can be once I'm all better, right now I have a horrible headache though"

Chat Blanc realized she thought it was still the regular him, and decided to use this to his advantage. He jumped right onto her bed and grabbed her chin with his hand, slowly bringing her face closer to his. Before she could say anything, Marinette heard the creepiest voice right in her face.

"Maybe I can help make you feel better"

Marinette could tell something was wrong. She opened her eyes slowly to avoid letting too much light in, since she had been closing them for a while, only to see the most horrifying thing she could imagine. Chat Noir, was akumatized. She jumped back in her bed a little bit when she saw him..this was really bad.

"No, no!!!! Adrien what happened to you!? How could this happen?! We defeated hawkmoth, this can't be you!"

Chat Blanc said nothing, but hopped off the bed, and began ripping out all the IVs Marinette had in her body. This was very painful for her, not to mention they were what's keeping her alive.

"Stop! What are you doing!?" She screamed out in horror, tears stroke down her cheeks.

"I'm finally getting rid of you, but I'm going to make sure you witness the death of Paris before I do" with that Chat Blanc grabbed Tikki, who was asleep on a desk in Marinette's hospital room, and locked her in a drawer. "Now you won't have any 'ideas'" he said, before grabbing the scared, injured Marinette, and carrying her bridal style across Paris.

Marinette was having trouble even breathing at this point from her lack of medicine and care, her head still in excruciating pain, and many fractured bones in her body. She was completely powerless against him, there was nothing she could do. Marinette was more scared than she had ever been in her entire life, she was bawling her eyes out but the cat villain seemed to take no notice, and continued moving.

Just like he had hoped, Chat Blanc attracted so much attention and there were multiple cameras on him. Soon everyone in Paris would know he was here, and that he was going to end them all.

When he made it to the Eiffel tower, Chat Blanc set Marinette down without any care near the top, and made some weird green forcefield around her, which must be part of his new powers.

"Every time you touch it, your pain will increase. You've been through enough, don't make this harder for yourself. Besides, I want to be what kills you"

"Make an announcement" said the evil voice inside in the villains head. "Tell them that...the new hawkmoth is going to destroy them all! Wait wait, I'm not calling myself that, sounds like a name for an old man. Call me...The Butterflila"

"Gladly"

Chat Blanc stood at the top of the tower and made sure the news helicopters around him were close enough to listen and record, so everyone would hear his message.

"People of Paris, I will destroy everything in this city and there is nothing you can do. I already have your precious ladybug" he said, gesturing toward the obviously hurt Marinette. "So now there's no one left to protect you. Hawkmoth was never evil enough to get what he wanted, but my new leader, The Butterflila, will not hesitate to have me finish Ladybug off if any one of you fights back. Actually, I'm going to finish her off no matter what" the most evil wide grin spread across his face. "After she watches Paris burn in my fury! Look out, everything will be destroyed."

________

That was more than Luka needed to hear, he immediately switched off the television and transformed into Viperoin.

"I'm so sorry Marinette, but I will do whatever it takes to defeat him and save you.....whatEVER it takes." He said into the distance and lurched away from his boat house and toward all the action.