Chapter 14: I Love Her

Adrien: no!! Marinette!!

Alya: She still has a pulse, but it's very weak, what do we do!?

*a moment of silence before Adrien sees the reality that Marinette might not come back, and he's filled with anger*

Adrien: you! *stands up and looks at Luka* this is your fault!!!

Luka: *detransforms and stands up next to him* my fault!? It's your fault for letting yourself be captured to lure her here!

Adrien: excuse me? I'm not the one who had the power to save her then gave it up! You don't love her! You didn't even help her!

Luka: I only did that because I DO love her and it's what she wanted, you can't blame this on me because you're angry.

Adrien: what!? You don't love her! I've loved her since day one!

Luka: you only ever loved one side of her! And you were too blind to see how you broke her every time you were with Kagami! She came to ME when you hurt her, I was there for her because you didn't truly love her!

Adrien: It's not my fault that-

Alya: ENOUGH! do you hear yourselves!? Do you think this is what Marinette would want from us the moment she leaves!? I can't believe you two! Neither of you love her enough to care about how SHE might feel!

...

...

*neither of them say anything*

...

...

Alya: well, I think she'd feel disappointed in both of you. *She hugs Marinette on the ground tightly* you'll still always be my best friend.

*For a few minutes Alya just silently lies on the floor next to Marinette, while Adrien and Luka awkwardly watch, both feeling extremely guilty.*

*Alya decides to get up, grab the Ladybug earrings from the ground, and put them into Marinette's ears. She does this as a last resort, hoping that maybe with a speck of luck, it might somehow miraculously heal her best friend*

Alya: *She waits a moment to see if something will happen, but nothing does. She sighs* I'm sorry. *Wiping her tears, she stand up and looks at Luka and Adrien, trying to not sound vulnerable* we need to bring Chloe, Nino, and Mr. Agreste to the hospital before we lose them as well.

*Luka and Adrien just nod. They all begin the walk into the opposite direction of Marinette. But, suddenly, Marinette's earring started glowing red so brightly it lit up the whole room. The three of them quickly turned around to see Marinette still unconscious, but raised into the air, with her chest open and her arms reaching out beside her. She's glowing from all around, and the light gets so bright it blinds the rest of them for a moment.

Then it all goes away and Marinette begins falling back to the ground. Luckily, Luka and Adrien both quickly run underneath her and catch her, simultaneously making a slightly annoyed face at one another.*

Marinette: *from Luka and Adriens arms* w-what!? But how am I-

Alya: Marinette!! *runs over to hug her* are you okay!?

Marinette: *She tries to stand up, but stumbles and grabs Lukas hand to avoid falling* I don't think so, *looks around to see Nino, Chloe, and Mr. Agreste unconscious* But don't worry about me, get them to the hospital!

Luka: no! I'm not giving up this chance to save you again Marinette! I'm taking you to the hospital myself, Adrien and Alya can help with them.

*Adrien makes an angry face at Luka*

Alya: Good idea Luka, we can do this, you make sure Marinette is safe and we will make sure everyone else is as well.

Marinette: you don't need to do this

Luka: yes I do Marinette, I really do-

Adrien: maybe I should take Marinette to the hospital! I have food to feed my Kwami so I can transform and get her there faster, you know, for the sake of her safety.

Luka: I brought food as well you aren't the only smart one around here Adrien, I'm just as capable of helping Marinette!

Adrien: well you barely-

Alya: you two better start worrying about someone other than yourselves and help me, Marinette doesn't mind who brings her.

Adrien: yeah which is why I should do it, I can be faster because I have more experience with my miraculous.

Luka: well that doesn't mean I can't-

Marinette: *only half-aware* Why are you fighting?

Alya: that's it! *She grabs camembert from Adrien's jacket pocket and feeds it to trixx, seconds before transforming herself, grabbing Marinette away from Luka, and carrying her as she jumps out the window and toward the hospital, leaving Adrien and Luka together to take care of the other wounded heros.*