Finale: Chapter 20: Fairytale

So there he was, lying on the ground. He remembered everything, somehow, and he couldn't believe it. Adrien stood up on that pillar of the Eiffel tower, and looked around. It was horrible, so much damage, so many hurt people, all because of him. He couldn't move, his eyes locked in the city that he destroyed. Plagg lied helplessly on the ground and could barely move as a result of the cataclysmed miraculous, just as Nooroo was the day before, and he didn't have much time left. Adrien didn't notice, being too absorbed in the damage around him, and only turned around he heard a faint voice and light steps behind him.

Marinette just barely scrambled into her feet, even with a broken leg she was miraculously somehow able to barely walk over to the love of her life.

"Adrien?" she said quietly.

He turned around and immediately gasped as he saw her. The girl he loved.....was broken, so physically harmed, obviously in much pain. Yet, she smiled. It wasn't like a fake, cheesy smile, it was a genuine and relieved smile. And she had tears in her eyes, not from the damage, the burning buildings, or even her own pain, but she had tears at the beautiful sight of the one she loved.

She seemed so happy, and it just broke Adrien's heart. She was so happy to see him, even after everything he did, he couldn't believe that after all of this, she was crying just from seeing his face again.

"Did.....did I do this to you?" he said to her with regret, referring to her physical outside injuries.

But Marinette didn't reply, she just smiled wider then ran into his arms, but by running on her leg she nearly collapsed, and fell into his arms. She wrapped her arms around his chest putting her head against his heart. Tears filled up Adrien's eyes at this, and he wrapped his arms around her back and laid his head on hers. They stayed calmly like this for a moment, before Adrien broke the silence with his remorse.

"I'm so sorry Marinette this is all my fault, I've hurt you and so many other-"

"Shut up Adrien." She interrupted, "I love you, so, so much."

He began crying so hard, Marinette just forgave him. Just like that, after everything, she forgave him. He couldn't even conceive it, she was crying because he was okay, even though she was in so much pain herself.

After a few moments they backed away slowly. "I've still got an akuma to catch," she said quietly. "I need to find Tikki and quick."

"I'm right here Marinette!" Tikki replied, backing out of her hiding place.

"Tikki!!" She responded with excitement, and they embraced each other for a moment before Marinette called the transformation words and became Ladybug. But before she caught the akuma, she called upon her lucky charm so she would be able to repair the damage. Since the battle was over, Marinette wasn't sure what the lucky charm would be, and was confused when it was a bouquet of red roses. She just shrugged, then caught the akuma with her magical yoyo. She grabbed a single rise out of the bouquet, and threw the rest into the air.

"Miraculous Ladybug!" she exclaimed, and with that thousands of tiny magic ladybugs repaired the enormous amount of damage all around, including saving Plagg. Not only that, but Marinette was completely healed! She wasn't just healed of the injuries caused by Chat Blanc, she was healed from all her injuries, 100% healthy again.

"What are you going to do with that?" Adrien asked, gesturing toward the rose Marinette had kept behind.

" I don't know yet.... " she replied. "But I just felt like I should take it, like I might need it later."

The two of them smiled at each other, before Adrien brought her in for a kiss.

"And there you have it everyone, just as always, our fearless hero Ladybug has saved the day. And just like in all good stories, I think the two of them have found their happily ever after." Nadia Chamack said on tv, with live footage of the famed superhero and Adrien kissing, pretty much screening on every tv in all of Paris.

They slowly backed out of the kiss, but pressed their foreheads together, with Adrien's hands gently placed on Marinette's cheeks. "I think she's right" Adrien whispered so only Marinette would be able to hear. "I think this might be our happily ever after. Although, would you consider our story a dramatic love journey, or an action packed adventure?"

Marinette just giggled. "I think it's a bit of both.....or maybe a lot of both." 

She sighed happily. "Looking back on it, it's just like a fairytale."

Adrien smiled back at this remark. " Our Fairytale."