Chapter 15: Room 259

"Okay, I'll send him in," said Alya to her best friend who was lying in a hospital bed. It had been just 5 hours since their incident and all the injured heros were safely recovering. Alya walked out of room 259 where Marinette was, and into the hallway.

"She wants to talk to you now" she said to Luka who had been waiting in the hallway. "If you can, try not to talk about her with you or Adrien, she doesn't need to be more stressed" Alya said with a slight scowl on her face, she was still pretty mad about the boys fighting over her earlier, and didn't want Luka mentioning it to Marinette. Before Luka could say anything else, Alya was down the hallway and stepping into another room, to check on Nino.

Luka stepped right up to room 259 and took a deep breath, then pushed open the door.

"H-hey Marinette, are you doing okay?" He calmly said to her, and sat down on a chair next to where Marinettes was lying.

"Yeah I'm fine for now. My energy is pretty much depleted from the magic of my miraculous, but with some rest I'll be fine. How are you?" She asked. To Luka, Marinette seemed overall okay with, if not happy about her current situation. He was amazed that even in her predicament, she remained positive. For a moment he was looking deep into her beautiful eyes and joyful smile so he didn't answer her at first. He just looked down at her hands and grabbed them both with his own. Once he did this he remembered what Alya said, and almost let go. But he couldn't, it just felt so, right.

"This isn't about me" he just replied with a smile, still holding both of Marinette's hands, and looking into her eyes. "Can I play a song for you?" He asked, but to Luka's surprise, this statement made the young girl frown, and pull away her hands from his. He immediately got worried he said something wrong.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He said as calmly as he could, but his voice cracked a bit as he did. It was hard for him to see a happy Marinette get so sad all of the sudden like this, especially if it was because of him.

"Luka I just..." Marinette sighed and looked down, she didn't want to break his heart, but she knew she had to tell him. Luka grabbed her chin and directed her face again towards his.

"Don't be scared Marinette, you can tell me anything" he replied, but lets out a sigh of his own, he thinks he may know what Marinette has to say.

"Well...you see it's just...I..." Marinette was struggling to get the words out, she loved Luka she really did, just not like that, at least not as much as she did for Adrien.

"You Love Adrien and you want to apologize for kissing me earlier because you didn't really mean it?" Luka said, finishing her thought. He looks away from her as soon as he finishes speaking, and maybe lets a tear or two fall down his check, but not in a way Marinette can see, of course.

"How did you know?"

Luka takes a deep breath, thinking about how he's going to reply. He knows he's doing the right thing, but it's just so hard to let her go.

"I've just been.....thinking. I knew you were in love with Adrien from that first day I saw you look at him when you invited me Ice skating. I just never wanted to admit to myself I didn't have a chance"

"Luka, I didn't want you to feel that wa-"

"so I kept trying to get you" he interrupted her, continuing his thought. "I could see he didn't admire you half as much as I did, so I thought I could get you before he figured out what he'd be losing" he sighed after mentioning this, but continued, "when you told me you were Ladybug before anyone else even knew, I was sure you trusted me, and maybe you were finally giving me that chance I'd been waiting so long for."

"And I kind of figured out at that point that Adrien was chat noir, which was why I kissed you, so you'd love me before you found out and fell for him again. But obviously that didn't work" he let out a small chuckle at this, remarking his stupid decision. "Nevertheless, you found out, Adrien found out you were ladybug, and you guys fell for each other all over again, just like I'd predicted. But I wasn't ready to let go, with the miraculous I found that you gave me, I knew I had to save you! I thought by saving you, you would realize who's been here loving you the whole time, always, even when the competition for you was high."

"So I kind of fought with Adrien. Which I'm now realizing is the stupidest thing I've ever done to try to get you. Alya reminded me that how you felt was most important. And I think I know how you feel, so I'm willing to let you go, for real this time. You're too amazing and perfect, I don't deserve you. You belong with......Adrien.....as hard as it is for me to say. " he took a huge breath in, and let it out. Then looked down, signaling to Marinette he was done with what he had to say.

"Luka..." Marinette whispered, she could tell he was hurt, but she was glad he understood the situation, and was willing to let go. "I'm really sorry. I'm glad you understand..... I just want you to know that..you are more than deserving of me, you are perfect in your own way, and you WILL find someone who can mimic your perfection and give you all of their love, I promise. Doing this has been the least selfish, most humble thing I've ever seen a person do, and if a person doesn't fall in love for that, I don't know what will make them fall in love. And I do love you......"

That was enough for Adrien, he had only been listening in on the last 20 seconds of the conversation between Luka and Marinette, so he didn't really know what they were saying. But after hearing Marinette say she loved him, he knew he would never again have a chance. All this time she loved him and now.....his chance was gone, at least as far as Adrien was concerned. And before even listening to hear how Marinette finished that sentence, he ran away silently with tears striking down his soft face.

He left so quickly he didn't hear what Marinette said after. "And I do love you.......as one of my best friends, thank you so much for understanding and letting me be with Adrien."

With that Luka said no more, and walked heartbroken out of room 259, but with hope...that Marinette's words may be true, and he shall soon find a new love whom he would cherish.