18 | Impatience

Yara impatiently sat by her brother's side and she sighed for what was like the hundredth time

Yoon couldn't take it any longer. He turned to his sister and asked, "why do you keep sighing? Hak hasn't even been gone for long."

"It's... It's not like I'm worried about him or anything," she huffed and got to her feet. "I'm... I'm just going to go look for him."

"Yara." Now it was Yoon who was sighing. "Now isn't a good time for you to be wandering about, and Hak probably wants some time alone. It won't be long before we have to leave Awa, quit being so restless."

Yara listened to her brother's scoldings and even though what he said made sense, she couldn't just sit still. She was someone who couldn't stay in one place for long. "I won't be away for long, I promise. If I don't find him in an hour, I'll come back. Ok?"

"Ok, fine." Yoon reluctantly gave in - knowing full well that his sister wouldn't be able to stay put and wouldn't be at peace until she had seen Hak. "But be back in an hour, alright? We can't risk being outside too much."

"I promise." She entwined her pinky with her brother's and then skipped out of the tavern.

It wasn't long before she heard Hak's voice coming from around the corner of a building, and she paused in her steps to see who he was talking to. It was the green dragon, Jae-Ha.

A part of her wanted to interrupt them, but her more sensible side was telling her to stay put. They seemed to be having a serious conversation; although, it was more like a one-sided conversation to Jae-Ha, who was doing most of the talking. Honestly, Hak looked a little annoyed.

Bits and pieces of what the green dragon was saying floated over to Yara, and it seemed like he was trying to recruit Hak to work on his ship. Hak a pirate? Yara couldn't imagine it.

After a while, Hak was finally alone, and Yara now stood by his side, smiling cheerily up at him.

"Yara? What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you."