2 | Ik-Soo's Reasoning

The sound of the waterfall could be heard in the distance; it was peaceful and calming

The sound of the waterfall could be heard in the distance; it was peaceful and calming. Sadly, it was disrupted by the sounds of one salmon-haired boy grumbling to himself. "Just doing things by yourself."

Yara sneaked up behind her brother and slung her arms around his neck, placing her chin on his shoulder. "Hey, little bro. You know that talking to yourself is a sign that you're going mad, right?" She giggled and released him, sitting down beside him.

Yara looked out towards the waterfall that could be seen opposite the cliff. If she did have to leave, this would be one thing that she was going to miss. You really couldn't see stunning scenery like this anywhere else, in Yara's eyes, anyway.

"What's driving me crazy is that old man."

"Hey, hey, hey. Who are you calling an old man? I'm still relatively young, you know." A laugh could be heard behind them.

They both turned their heads round at the same time and saw the scruffy-haired, smiling priest. He walked up to them and surprisingly didn't trip over some imaginary object. Seriously, they've already lost count on how many times that happens during a day.

There was a moment of silence as Ik-Soo sat down beside them and stared off into the distance.

Finally, Yoon spoke up, breaking the awkward silence. "What did you say back there? Going along with those guys?" He turned his body towards Ik-Soo and once again glared at him.

"You have to leave here," the priest calmly said. "You both do."

"Why do I have to?!"

"The princess needs your aid." Ik-Soo peeked through his bangs and continued, "being in a place like this is no good for children like you."

"Ik-Soo," Yara said, tears welling up in her eyes.

What he was saying made sense. Yona knew less about the world than they did, and there were so many things out there yet to be discovered. Yara felt a little excited about all the possibilities, and she hoped her brother would feel the same.

Ik-Soo just had to ruin the moment and say, "I'll be fine even without you here."

"Bastard!"

Yoon sat on top of a hill that overlooked the nearby village and rested his head on his knees. "Dammit!"

He felt arms wind around his own and he knew immediately who it was. Ever since he was young Yara was the only who could comfort him, until they had met Ik-Soo of course.

"C'mon Yoon, just think of all the books you have yet to read. There are so many other things we don't know about this world." Yara left one arm around him as she knelt down beside him. "I think Ik-Soo was right when he said the princess needs us. Can't we just go?"

Yoon looked at his sister and memories of when they were younger flashed through his mind.

Yara might have been older than him, but like her brother, he felt it was his duty to protect her - protect her from the harshness of the slums. They had always been alone, and the two of them soon became three when they had met the priest.

Honestly, with his head now clear and thinking about it properly, he could see the priest had a point and there were so many things he wanted to see with his sister. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to join Princess Yona and the Thunder Beast on their journey.

"Ok." He sighed and bestowed Yara a small smile.

"Yay!" Yara hugged her brother and squeezed him.

"Y-Y-Yara, I can't breathe!"

"Oops sorry." She laughed and pulled her brother to his feet. "Let's go announce to everyone the good news.

 "Let's go announce to everyone the good news