13 | Free

Hak lifted the pickaxe that he held in both hands and then struck the walls face

Hak lifted the pickaxe that he held in both hands and then struck the walls face. Rubble went in all directions, and the villagers had to dodge so as to not be hit by the flying pieces - Kija wasn't so lucky, unfortunately.

"Princess!" The first thing Hak did was to embrace the princess.

Yara looked on as he did and a small smile decorated her lips. She felt content and then she was tackled into a hug by her brother, tears shone in his eyes. "It's okay now, Yoon." She rubbed her brother's back; sometimes she had to show that she was the older sibling when Yoon needed her the most.

Yara sat with her brother against the rock wall and listened to the conversation that was happening before her. Somehow, she felt Yoon's exhaustion and needed a little rest.

"Hak, you knew about that spot well."

"Me and Yara got the information from the villagers. They spilt their secrets around Seiryuu's room," Hak explained. "There's a group of family members living there."

"That's good. Even they're not the type to abandon family." A mournful expression showed on Yona's face like she remembered something she didn't want to remember.

"Though they're easy to scare," pointed out, Yoon.

He saw his sister was asleep beside him and her head was resting on his bag. Inwardly sighing, he recalled his sister felt everything double that he did; it's been like that since they were kids - it showed how close they actually were.

As soon as he mentioned the villagers fear some of them ran from the masked Seiryuu, the frown on his lips only deepened.

"So? What are you going to do about that princess?" questioned Hak.

"I can't give up." Yona's eyes lit up with a fierce light.

Yoon, Hak and Kija smiled proudly at the princess's answer.

"Seiryuu!" She came close to the masked man. "I'll say it one more time... Let's leave together." She held out a small but firm hand out to the blue dragon.

"I want to take you along." At that moment, even though the princess was shorter than him, it seemed as though Seiryuu was looking up at his saviour. "You won't have to close your eyes in front of me. Does your power really murder people? Even though Ao is so attached to you? Ao understands. You are undestructive."

Seiryuu's eyes widened behind his mask. He had wanted to hear words like that since he was born into this world. Gratitude and longing for the outside world rose in his heart. He clutched her hand and Yona expressed her gratitude to the villagers before turning to leave.

As the group left, including the newest member Seiryuu, the bell from his mask was left on the ground as a reminder of his origins and the place he never wanted to return to.

They have acquired the blue dragon, now onto the next!