12 | Trapped

Yara and Hak sat side by side and kept their eyes and ears focused on their surroundings, waiting for any suspicious movements

The villagers still stood in the cave's entrance looking at them, and Yara couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. At least she had Hak by her side.

Out of nowhere, the ground began to shake. "Earthquake!" Yara shouted out and yelped when Hak sprang to his feet. He wrapped his arms around Yara's waist to help keep her steady and to keep her safe.

Then he realised something... The princess was still in the tunnel. He ran to the tunnel, luckily the ground had stopped shaking, but it was too late.

Moments later, rocks began to slide down the wall and blocked the entrance. "Crap!" Hak yelled. 

Yara watched on in shock, as she saw Hak had begun to tear at the rocks, not caring about his now bleeding hands as he continuously shouted, "PRINCESS! YOON! WHITE SNAKE!"

Snapping out of her trance, Yara ran to join him and helped to remove some of the rocks - but it wasn't helping any. It was like the rocks were glued tight and refused to give way.

Hak finally gave up and sank to his knees, tears welled in his eyes as he whacked them on the rocks. "Please, your majesty Il... Please don't take her away!"

Yara could do nothing but kneel down beside him and comfortingly rub his back.

What should they do in this situation?

(Y/n) and Hak had been trying to shift some of the rocks blocking the entrance, and then they were interrupted by a low voice:

"My son was buried." A distraught woman stood behind them.

Hak turned away, and his racing heart calmed slightly by (y/n)'s touch on his arm. "My companions went to look for Seiryuu and were buried. Your family was around that area too right?"

"Answer him!" (Y/n) couldn't hold herself back any longer. "You won't gain anything by keeping silent!"

The woman reeled back at the petite girl's biting words and hesitantly answered, "y-yes."

One villager whispered something to the chief, but Hak's hearing was sharp and he caught every word.

Anger flared up again, and he pointed his glaive at the unsuspecting villagers. "If there is something you know. Tell us... Our friends' lives are at risk. I'm sorry, but you can't keep up this act right?"

 I'm sorry, but you can't keep up this act right?"