15 | Awa

"Wow, it's so pretty

"Wow, it's so pretty." Yara's eyes gleamed as she took in the sight of the port town, Awa.

She wasn't the only one. Yona and Yoon both commented on the town and Yona even asked if that was the sea they could see. The entire group had lived sheltered lives and knew of nothing beyond their own borders.

"Awa port of the Earth tribe." Hak looked down below. "Never thought I'd come here again."

Yara rushed over to his side and held onto his arm. She excitedly peered up into his face and asked, "you've been here in the past? What's it like? Is it as good as it looks?"

Hak chuckled at her curious expression and said, "don't ask so many questions. And yes, I've been here in the past. Gramps brought me a long time ago."

"Ah, so cool!" While Yara continued to barrage Hak with questions, Yona turned to Kija.

"Can you sense Ryokuryuu here?" Yoon curiously asked Kija.

"I can sense him, but his presence keeps sifting around everywhere. I feel dizzy just following it..." Kija wobbled and collapsed to the floor.

"Even though I want to search for Ryokuryuu, we need to rest from the journey. I want to stock up on supplies and food while we're here." Yoon told the group.

"Okay, let's go to the port!" Yona cheerfully said. Kija and Shin-ah nodded their heads.

"You guys can't come along!"

They all stood out too much: there was the redheaded princess, a guy with an abnormal hand, and the last one was just too suspicious.

"Then I'll go," Hak said from behind them.

"You will?"

"I want to look around for weapons anyway, and I know my way around."

"Hak. I want to go too." Yona held onto his sleeve and looked pleadingly up at him.

"You've worked too hard recently, rest a bit." Hak patted her hair, compelling the green-eyed monster to awaken in the girl observing their exchange.

That should be me... Sensing Yara's unease Hak walked over to her and grasped one of her small hands in one of his large ones.

"Come with me, Yara."

"Really?" Red dusted her cheeks.

"Sure." Hak smiled a rare smile and squeezed her hand. "I'll give you the grand tour of Awa!"

Yara giggled, "I'd like to go with you." She returned his smile and their little world shattered when they heard someone cough.

"Uh... There will be people who will recognise you. Don't stir up trouble." Yoon said, completely ignoring the moment his sister and Hak had just displayed in front of him.

"You're the ones who need to lie low."

Yara took the bag her brother offered her and hugged him in thanks. Then she strolled over to Hak and then they were off to explore the streets of Awa.

 Then she strolled over to Hak and then they were off to explore the streets of Awa