16 | Ryokuryuu Spotted

"It's been a while since I've been in such a lively city," whistled Hak

"It's my first time." Yara skipped alongside him and turned her head side to side taking it all in. "It's all so fascinating."

Oh right, she has seen little of the world. Hak patted her on the head and then took her hand. "Just so you won't get lost," he told her like it was an excuse, when really he just wanted to hold her hand. "I do want to look around for a few things, but we need."

"Is it just me, or do the people's eyes in this town look lifeless?" Yara peered about her at all the villagers.

"Now that you mention it, I can see it. I wonder why that is?"

They continued walking and halted when they heard someone shout, "PLEASE STOP!" The pair looked in the shout's direction, and saw two government officers chatting up a girl who looked uncomfortable. Hak wanted to help, but he also didn't want to get in trouble.

As the government officers continued, Yara and Hak got even more annoyed until they couldn't hold themselves back anymore.

They lunged at the officers, Yara pulling out her short sword as she did so. She heard a satisfying crunch when the butt of her sword smashed against the officer's nose, instantly breaking it. Hak's fist had made contact with the other officer's face; beside his fist was a foot, and it belonged to a green-haired male.

They sent the officer flying and the green-haired male stood up straight.

"Aargh, I did it." Hak sighed.

At the same time, the greenie said, "the so-called seducer was ugly so I couldn't help it."

And Yara shouted, "did you see that? Did you see that? I got him right in the face!" Then she looked behind and said, "ah crap! Hak there's more of them coming this way." Yara pulled on his arm and urged him to go.

"Run!" She took off running with her hand firmly in Hak's, and the greenie took the hand of the girl they rescued.

"Are you a soldier? It seems you've gone through some considerable training?" Then he looked at Yara, "and who's your lovely companion?" He winked at her, eliciting a growl from Hak who frowned at the other male.

"I'm just a traveller and so is she."

"How about you? You don't seem ordinary yourself." Hak shot a question of his own at him.

"Eh? I'm not ordinary, as in I'm beautiful?"

Yara gagged at his narcissism. Then she stopped and asked, "did we lose them?"

"I'm sorry." The greenie hid his panicked expression behind a mask of flirtation. "I wanted to be with you for just a little longer but I have to go." He kissed the rescued girl's hand. "From here, these two will guide you back."

"Hey! Hey, wait!" Hak yelled after him. "We're not familiar enough with the layout of this area to get back... He's gone."

"Who was that guy?"