11 | Left With Hak

"A villager was trying to take you away underground?" Yoon sat on a rock next to his sister and questioned her for the billionth time

"A villager was trying to take you away underground?" Yoon sat on a rock next to his sister and questioned her for the billionth time. She could only sigh and nod her head. With the number of times she had to answer him, she felt a headache coming on.

Yona and Yara had told the story of what happened in the hidden tunnel countless times, and after all the lectures, they had been bombarded with questions. Especially ones about the mysterious Seiryuu.

A menacing aura sprouted up from their left, as Kija clenched and unclenched his dragon hand as if it was begging for blood to be shed. "How dare they?!" he roared. "They have been nothing but disrespectful towards the princess, and now they try to lock her away underground? So it seems they want to taste my wrath, huh?"

I-I was in trouble too, Yara begrudgingly thought.

"Calm down." Hak held his Glaive in one hand and a darkened look covered his features; the look caused one's blood to turn cold. "Seriously, does the young lord think he can kill any normal person who is dangerous?"

"You need to calm down too ex-general," Yoon spoke up next to the Thunder Beast and Yara nodded her head in agreement. And then Yoon said next, "so Seiryuu appeared, but he left, huh?" 

"No, he ran away." Yara shrugged her shoulders and blushed a little when Hak took a seat next to her, his knee brushing against hers. She calmed down her racing heart so she could focus on the conversation at hand. This wasn't the time for her to be having enticing thoughts about the handsome male beside her.

"Seiryuu and the villagers," Kija said in a way that was almost as if he was talking to himself. "What is going on here?"

"Even though it's a dragon village too, it's the exact opposite of the village of Hakuryuu." Yoon observed. He stole a glance over at his sister and Hak, noticing the distance between both of them. He could practically smell the tension between them. It wasn't his place to comment on it, though.

"Yeah. We saw the village of Hakuryuu, so we expected this place to be the same," Yara continued where Yoon left off. "Now that I think about it, the village of Hakuryuu might be special. They don't hold a belief in red hair here. The power of the dragon isn't divine, either. As far as Seiryuu is concerned, we might really be intruders."

"That cannot be..." Kija was alarmed. Growing up, all he had known was the tales of King Hiryuu and the four sacred dragons, and he had been waiting for the king's reincarnation. But now there was a village who didn't believe in the legends? It was almost inconceivable. "The four dragons should hasten and join their master's side! When I met the princess, I left my village in just half a day!"

"But he aided Yara and I." Yona smiled as she recalled the gentleness of the man wearing the mask with the tinkling bells. "Seiryuu had a gentle hand. I want to meet him and talk to him." The princess exchanged a look with Yara and they both nodded their head in what they could only call a silent agreement.

Hak figured out what they were planning on doing before the others, and exclaimed, "you're going back into the maze, aren't you?"

"Yes, they were frightening eyes but I won't falter." Yona puffed out her chest and seemed to stand taller.

"You've got guts, princess," Yoon said, and he planted a hand on his sister's head and smiled. No words had to be exchanged between them both to know what each other was thinking. He withdrew his hand and spoke in his most optimistic voice, "let's go. There's something down this dead end isn't there?"

They all began to move, except Hak, who grabbed Yona's hand and stopped her from leaving. This stopped Yara in her tracks, her eyes narrowed on their entwined hands. Green flickered behind her irises. "You both should stay here." He pointed to the two girls with his eyes; they lingered on Yara's own ones, for a moment they refused to look away.

Yara's eyes narrowed even more. The irritation of being treated like a naive girl who required protection overrode her moment of jealousy.

She wasn't just some damsel and she most certainly wasn't in distress, so why must she be treated as such? Along this journey, she had more than enough proven herself capable. So she wasn't just going to be left behind, while the others went looking for the Blue Dragon.

She was about to say what she thought on the matter to Hak, who was still looking at her when Yona spoke up, "Kija, Yoon and I will be going. You and Yara will wait here."

"What..." Yara was dumbfounded. Why was she being left behind?

Yona interrupted her, and she grasped the other girl's hand, and her steady gaze travelled between Yara and Hak. "Kija knows Seiryuu's location. Yoon understands the path, and I must be the one to meet Seiryuu. I ask you to take this as an order from me."

Yara opened her mouth to tell Yona that she didn't take orders from the princess when her brother shushed her.

"Yara, we're only going for a short while. We'll go meet this dragon and then we'll be right back, okay?" Yoon looked reassuringly into his sister's eyes.

Yara nodded her head and hugged him. It was hard being separated from her brother, even if it was only for a moment. She sighed and attempted to ignore Hak once again holding Yona's hands and whispering something to her.

Despite her misgivings of being left behind, she inwardly thanked the red-headed girl for allowing her a chance to be alone with Hak, who was now leaning against the stone wall. 

Even if she couldn't join them in locating the Blue Dragon, and had ranted to herself about her capability of looking after herself, she was overjoyed with the fact that she could spend some time with Hak and get to know the man some more.

After the others left, Yara joined the male who nodded his head at her in greeting and smirked that sexy smirk. Yara stopped her insides from almost melting and tilted her head to the side, indicating the curtains that covered a doorway just to the side of them.

"They've been eyeing us for a while," Yara said in a hushed voice and drew her body closer to Hak so he could hear her better: using it as an excuse to be closer to the black-haired male.

"They're a weird bunch." Hak shivered. "Well, at best they'll just try intimidating us."

"Hm," was her only response as she continued to steal glances at him.