8 | The City Inside The Mountains

Yara looked up at the white-haired dragon and then her gaze shifted towards the mountain

Yara looked up at the white-haired dragon and then her gaze shifted towards the mountain. There was something about the place that screamed abandoned. Perhaps it was the crumbling 'homes' that were carved into the mountains-face, or maybe it was the air that smelt stale and dusty.

Or it was the fact that the place was nothing more than a ghost town. There wasn't a soul, not a single one.

Yara shivered a little, and Kija took off his overcoat to place around her shoulders. "Are you certain the blue dragon is here?" Yara looked up at the white-haired male.

"Yes," he replied, not looking away from the mountain. He tightened his arm around the petite girl, much to Hak's grievances. "Seiryuu is somewhere inside."

They entered the cave that was the easiest to get to, and what they were greeted with was quite the remarkable sight.

It had been hollowed out, making a tunnel of sorts, and it was just big enough for people to walk through without bumping their heads. It was plain to see that people were living here, because of the footprints leading further down in the tunnel, indicating some signs of life.

Just as they had started making their way down the tunnel, Yoon started panicking. "Hold on. It's unsafe! Any careless moves and..."

He was then cut off by Kija, who had let go of Yoon's sister's arm and walked faster in front of them. "I do not care!"

"It's just that when I entered your village I was put in a cage and nearly killed."

Yara grimaced at what her brother said and continued to study the wall, running her hand over the smooth surface. Due to her being distracted, she stumbled on a rock and was caught by Hak.

Oh crap, she thought as she opened her eyes and looked at the Thunder Beast's handsome features. "Thanks." She blushed lightly and freed herself from his embrace.

"Clumsy aren't ya?" Hak smirked at her and ruffled her hair.

"I am not." She pouted and started walking again, only to be stopped a moment later by Hak grabbing her hand.

She shot him a questioning look, which he just responded with a shrug of his shoulder. "Just so you won't go tripping again."

She poked her tongue out at him and just let him do what he wanted. Honestly, it wasn't a bad feeling to be holding hands with him.

The thing that irked her, though, was the fact that while he was walking with her, he was keeping a watchful eye on Princess Yona. Yara knew it was his job, and she had no right to be jealous, but she couldn't help it.

By now, they had made it the end of the tunnel and Yoon spoke up. "We should be more discreet."

And he was for the second time, interrupted by a noise, that sounded like a curtain being drawn back. An elderly man stepped out from behind it.