0.1 - Girl On TV

A long, messy ride of self-discovery, dreams coming true, a whole lot of music and friendship.
My first story in English (so watch out for misplaced articles and misused words and tenses), and my first big story that I've been writing over the course of 4 years, so get ready for the cringe and please don't mind some inconsistencies :P
Enjoy!

There's a girl on your TV. The signature black-white-red design tells you that you're watching The Voice. It's The Voice: La Plus Belle Voix, because the girl speaks French. There's Nikos Aliagas show up somewhere between the shots, so it's certainly not Belgian or Canadian Voice.

She has a pale heart-shaped face, big brown eyes, highlighted (maybe a little too much) by a pitch black eyeliner, pointy nose and small lips. There's a strand of neon blue in her long brown hair, and faded henna patterns cover her arms. She would be just another young woman from the street, if it weren't her clothes that give her a freaky vibe: a black three-piece suit, covered with glitter and little stars that, obviously, are the work of their owner, accompaigned with colorful beads and a large wrist watch of the same intensity.

The girl seems nervous: she keeps touching her hair and beads and tugging on the sleeves of her shirt. Almost as if her hands live their own life, as she smiles and talks to the host off-screen. Her speech is well-thought and organized and her voice is clearly trained, but the faster she talks, the more of the foreign accent slips through. She can't pronounce R correctly and sounds more Italian or Russian, and sometimes, American. Not a native speaker, that's for sure, but good enough for someone who lives in France for a long time.

Her name is Alice, says the label at the bottom of the screen. She's also 22 and she's from Cannes.

That girl is me. I am on your TV. I am on The Voice, and just a minute later you will see me perform, make fool of myself, and what's worse - meet Mika. My idol Mika. My adorable and admirable Mika.

It's not hard to guess that he is the reason I'm here. Well... Mika, and a stupid drinking game.

And I am going to sing to him, and I am going to embarrass myself in front of him, you and other eight millions watching.

How did I get myself into this?...

Well, let's start from the beginning, shall we - with Mr. Penniman and why he's so important.