5.2 - Live 2. Music Video

- What's the song that you're making a video for? - I hear Justine asking Mika, while we're making our way to the door, which is turned out to be on the other side of the building.

- It's the new one, out of the album. A collaboration with one of my friends. In fact, he's one directing the video.

- Wait, what? - I grab his shoulder, - A collaboration? Why didn't you tell about that?

- I will, as soon as the video is done, - Mika grins, and puts us three in a wide embrace, - So you girls are kinda chosen ones, again.

Hey, here they are. Perks of being in Mika's favor. I kinda got used to it, but the girls haven't yet had a chance to experience it.

- Uhm, Al, - Justine turns to me, - Maybe we should play the "American" more often, since the results are that great.

- What's the "American"? - Mika immediately gets curious.

Girls explain the game, and make him even more excited.

- And that's what you did to come on The Voice? - he wonders.

- More than that, - Andy responds, and glances at me with some kind of pride, - She's got into singing seriously because of it. She lost once and we made her participate in her first singing contest. Tell him what was the song.

- Lonely Alcoholic, - I say, blushing for some reason.

- She didn't win, but after that stage has become her second home.

- Oh, come on, - I try to resist her praising, - I still get really nervous when I perform!

- Which doesn't stop you from singing, - Justine objects, and addresses to Mika again, - Did she tell you that she transcribed all your songs by ear and used them as a material for her practice?

- Yeah, - Andrea catches it, - All she knows about music she learned from you, Mika, and you should know it.

Mika is obviously surprised.

- Oh, wow, - he sighs, - I knew you were kinda... Not indifferent to me, but it seems like I became your coach far before I met you!

- That's true.

We see a dark-haired bearded man in a hat approaching us, and my jaw drops. A side crush again.

- Hello, my name is Yoann Lemoine, - he introduces himself, - But you may know me as...

- Woodkid, - I gasp.

- Exactly! - he cheerfully replies, then, in turn, narrows his eyes, - And you're Alice, if I'm not mistaken?

Then he points behind me, to the other talents who have just arrived, and raises his tone:

- Flori, Rose and Karen... And there's the Italian boy whose name I forgot- Gaspard, right. Nice to meet you. I'm glad to have you all here.

***

Never in my life have I seen so much white color. It surrounds us on the set and covers us from head to toe.

- So! Can you explain the concept one more time? - Justine asks me, - I understand that we are dealing with paint, but the story didn't make sense to me at all!

We are dressed in white, old-looking clothes: jeans, jacket, tattered scarf around the neck and a bunch of little rags around the wrists. At the same time it's all, as much as hair, sprinkled with white powder, and our skin is covered with make-up of the same color. The only thing in our outfit that's black is goggles, kinda like those used for swimming. I look in the mirror and don't recognize myself. I don't really think I look like human right now!