6.3 - Semi-Finals. Plan B

I wake up in the morning with a quite expected headache. As I struggle to get up and crawl out of my sheet shelter, the events of the previous night slowly resurface and lose their blur. It could have been worse, really. Emily shared her bright future, all our crushes got resolved, I just need to question Flori if that thing with her neighbour turned out well...

And then that thing with double messages on my phone. I was too tired to realize that it was just someone holding my phone and sending messages to me. Yes, someone in our group likes me, and I might even know who exactly (*cough* Gaspard *cough*).

I mean, who elsecan it be? He's the only person who talks to me regularly, and I may even remember him participating in our druk nonsense yesterday. I can just go right now and knock on his door and tell him that he doesn't need to hide it. It's not like I'm 100% sure I can return whatever he feels back, but I know exactly how bad it is to hold back an important confession. He's a good friend, after all, and it's not his fault that romance and I come together like toothpaste and orange juice. He deserves to know, at least.

But the moment I decide to do it, I also become aware that I'm terribly late for a lesson with Mika, and forget about all that for a while.

I intentionally keep the phone off and take an exceedingly long shower, until I feel alive and human. I don't want him to see me look terrible again!

But my coach, apparently, is fully aware of what's happening, 'cause when I get all the delayed messages from him, it looks like this:

<Is everything that bad?

And then, an hour later:

<It is... Well take your time. Call me when you're ready

Quickly correcting himself, by which I understand he doesn't really count on seeing me today:

<*if

A few minutes after that he adds, though:

<But if you make it here, coffee and aspirin is on me!

Judging by my previous messages (ooh, awkward!), he must have figured out what I was doing last night, so there's nothing strange.

I'm on my way to the studio when karma decides that I feel way too good for this morning, and brings all the crap my life lacked these days.

I get a late message from Flori. She needs only 3 words to describe the situation:

>I hate you.

I guess her crush did not respond well to her confession. Well, she has all the rights to be mad at me, really.

I try to reply "Sorry" (what else can I say?!), but the message won't send - I got blocked. So she doesn't need my apologies, she just wants me to stay away from her. Fair enough.

Of course, that's not the end, for my karma is very rich on troubles today - Andrea sends me her report of comments and tweets about my performance. "Brace yourself", she adds. I scroll through them briefly, and catch a lot of "awful", "distracting", "off tune", some "why is she still here". In my hungover and already shaken state of mind, a new pot of molten iron heats up my belly - this time it actually hurts to read, I tried my best!

I mean, even Mika told me I wasn't very good on Saturday, despite the fact that I practiced more than I ever did. Mika gave me one more chance, but if that was the best I'm capable of, what else can I give? Is there any reason for them to keep me on the show?

And what's more important - if I quit the Voice now, where do I go?

I try not think about it, but there's nothing I can hide from Mika, for the first remark he gives me when he meets me by the subway station is: