0.2 - The Origin Of...

My virtual relationship with Michael Holbrook Penniman started quite a while ago and lasts for over 7 years. I was 14 when I caught a that little love virus from "Relax, Take It Easy". Since "Grace Kelly" came out, I've had a hopeless crush for this adorable big-eyed and curly-haired creature. Yes, at first I loved him with only my eyes. The ears started to love him a little later, when my mom got "Life In Cartoon Motion" for my birthday. Then I started loving him with, well, everything else with which you can love - you know, heart, soul, whatever love songs talk about. I felt like his music and I were like a key and a lock - perfect for each other.

I started digging deeper into his personality, and very soon he became an essential part of my life. I hunted for every single thing that had been blessed by his bright mind, every piece of extra information about him. Then I started learning to sing by his songs (and I did get into it quite seriously. As seriously as one can get with video tutorials). I started wearing jackets and pants more that dresses and skirts and making jewelry myself. I fought with my foreign accent in English with no mercy.

That saddest thing is that I never had an opportunity to see Mika face-to-face. The closest I could get was at his show in Paris - merely a tiny figure on the stage half the stadium across from me. Still worth it.

It didn't bother me much, for his music was always with me. I grew up with heroes of his songs, pretty sure, guided by them subconsiously through life. Yes, I had other idols, more handsome and sweet-voiced than him, and could forget about him for weeks, but I always ended up finding one of his CDs on my shelf and going through a crush over again. He had a special place in my heart, no matter what. He's one and only, he's irreplaceable.

And, of course, I've been bravely fighting over my love and shamelessly infecting all my friends with Mika. So, my class closed our last school year with "We Are Golden" on stage, in college I entered a competition with "Elle Me Dit", and my two best friends, Justine and Andrea, know every single Mika song, whether they want it or not (they do, luckily). My college friends call me Miss Penniman (because I'm all satisfied with the title of his third spiritual sister), and when somebody starts talking about Mika, everyone shouting at them : "Relax!" letting them know that they've heard enough of Mr. Penniman already. It's already becoming annoying.

So what else can I say, I am just another fangirl. And as every single fangirl, I have this secret dream of meeting my idol and just telling him how much he means to me. But where in the world can I get this chance?