Chapter 5. Hendery.

"From the looks of your expression, I can tell you were expecting me." Hendery smiled.

"I know what you're here for, but first, you have to tell your men to lower their guns or the chip gets burned." Xiaojun threatened.

Hendery let out a chuckle as he signaled for them to lower their guns. Once they did, Michael ran towards us, hiding behind my leg as Kun and Kelly grabbed each other's arm before running towards us. "Looks like your secret hide away isn't so secret after all. Is this your way of hiding, from who you really are?" Hendery smirked.

"I'm nothing like you." Xiaojun said.

Hendery let out a rich but evil laugh. "Keep telling yourself that, bro! Now, the chip, hand it over." He said reaching his hand out.

Xiaojun walked towards him, calmly handing him the chip. The moment Hendery grabbed it, xiaojun took this as an opportunity to pull him close as he leaned towards his ear. "Let me tell you something, if you ever raise your guns to my friends again, I'll kill you myself." Xiaojun said lowly in his ear.

Hendery's expression suddenly changed from cold and heartless to worried. "Let's go." He told the men. "Now!" He ordered as they all left.

The moment the door closed, I took this as an opportunity to walk towards xiaojun, slapping him hard. "You liar!" I screamed.

"Bro you've got a lot of explaining to do." Michael said.

He stood there speechless as Kelly held me back before pulling me away from him.

"Xiaojun, what the hell was that about? Are you in some kind of gang we don't know about?" Kun asked, as a look of betrayal grew on his face.

"Guys, I'm sorry. I'm going to explain everything." Xiaojun said.

"When?! You've been lying to me, to all of us, since day one!" I yelled. Kelly calmed me down by pulling me back more in case I started attacking him.

"Dude. What is up?" Kelly asked.

We all sat down to listen.

"When I was young...I-I got myself into some deep shit with people. Some very powerful people. I didn't know that as I got older, they would have so much control over my life." He explained.

"What are you talking about?" Kun asked, getting impatient.

He suddenly looked at me. "I made a deal with a man, and now that I've broken the main number one rule, he's after me." He told us.

I felt my heart drop, but I tried not to get too shocked since he had more to explain than just this. "Wha-What man?" I asked as my voice grew shaky.

"The leader. Is what we call him. I can't exactly say his name or tell you guys much about him because he knows our every move. Where we sleep. How much air we're breathing. Who out friends are. I do know, that, like you have in school, there are a such thing as teacher's pets and Hendery...happens to be the leader's pet."

"The leader of what?" I asked.

"The gang your in?!" Kun asked.

He nodded. "I'm not exactly in this gang. I refused to be part of such madness when I found out what they did to people. The people I've hurt in the past was the old me...and every since I've came across new perspectives." He said looking into my eyes. "I've changed." He said as a tear slipped from his eye.

I started to walk towards him, but was slowly pulled back down by Kelly as shook her head at me, gesturing for me not to.

"I didn't know it would get this serious to where they'd start coming after the people I love. I'm so sorry I got you all into this mess.." He stated.