Pg. 16

The ride home was silent. The only thing that came into mind was the fact that, the girl who got me into all of this was now dead...

"We can't tell anyone about this okay?" I told Kelly.

She looked over at me, as she held my hand. "Okay."

Just by the coldness of her hand, I could tell she was just as scared as I was. Who the hell was that boy and why did he look so familiar...?

The next day I woke up, turning over to see Kelly writing more things in her notepad as the TV blasted Cartoon Network. I yawned and stretched as I sat up. "What time is it?" I asked.

"It's 10:38am exact, today is Saturday." She informed me, not taking her eyes from the notepad.

I nodded as I went to the bathroom.

"Aha! I got it!" I heard her yell from the room.

After I finished using the restroom, I washed my hands and went back to the bed. "What?" I asked.

"Okay, so last night, they had that little meeting at the gas station right?"

"Right."

"And the boy he-"

"Goes to our school." I whispered, not realizing he was the boy with the tiger on his leather jacket. "Holy shit!"

"Suspect!" We both said at the same time. She quickly wrote it down.

"We don't even know his name." I blurted.

She looked over at me. "Which is why, one of us is gonna have to find out." She told me.

My eyes widened. "No deal."

"Not today, we'll wait til Monday and if you see him, just start a casual conversation with him."

"Why me?!" I panicked, still remembering what they did to Brittany last night.

"Because you're beautiful. Duh."

"I am?!!!"

"Yea! Plus, I'm with someone." She smiled, flipping her hair as she got up.

"Well I am too, and I think xiaojun wouldn't like me talking to any other guy besides Michael and Kun." I told her.

"Remember, I'm your (pull away) backup?"

I nodded. "Yea, but I don't know how much longer xiaojun is going to be patient with you pulling me away from him all the time." I chuckled.

She chuckled. "And what is he gonna do about it? Eat me?" She laughed.

"Heeeey, that's my job!" I blurted, not even realizing what I said. I covered my face from embarrassment.

"Yeeeeaaa, I'm gonna go cook breakfast." She laughed, as she walked downstairs.

The weekend mostly consisted of us trying to connect and make sense of everything. Even witnessing a murder, we couldn't stop there. Though, I was still a bit shocked from it, I knew that wasn't going to help my nightmares...

Then Monday rolled around...