Chapter 2: Where are you?

~Random fact: Rachel's fashion taste is very basic and grunge like, so if she wears something that you don't find (cute) lol don't be rude, she's just a character ~

My alarm clock buzzed off in my ear, making me groan. I turned over to look at my phone, quickly pressing the off button, not even bothering to look at the time.

A knock sounded at my door, making me jump. "Rachel sweetie, someone's here to see you." My mom said behind my locked door. My eyes grew wide, as I quickly hopped up. "Okay! Be out in a sec!" I told her. I heard her footsteps trailing off, taking this as an opportunity to get dressed and ready for school.

 I heard her footsteps trailing off, taking this as an opportunity to get dressed and ready for school

I looked at my phone again, completely forgetting today was Friday and also my last day in detention. I also locked my door last night just in case Xiaojun came by, but sadly I never see him like I want to anymore.

Could that be him downstairs??

I rushed downstairs, excited to see if it was him, only to see my mom blushing over Kun. Kun looked over at me with an awkward smile, which I'm assuming was a cry for help.

"Hey Rachel." He said nervously.

I gave him an odd look. "Hey?" I said awkwardly.

"Oh! Sorry. Your mom saw my car pulling up and so she invited me in." He said, looking over at her.

She stared at him in awe, as if she really had a crush on Kun.

"Yep. Okay. Bye mom!" I said, grabbing Kun's hand.

"Bye! Be safe! Love you! Use protection or not" She said, rushing to the door.

Kun rushed to his car as we both settled in.

"What was that about?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I have no idea."

I looked in the backseat. "Hey where's Michael?" I asked.

"Oh, he said he wasn't going to be able to make it to school today because he had to go to a funeral." Kun explained.

Xiaojun suddenly crossed my mind, but I didn't want to seem like such a bother for bringing him up all the time.

I quickly thought of something to avoid the awkward silence between us or to avoid bringing up his name. "How long have you and Michael been friends?" I asked.

Kun chuckled. "Since the 5th grade. Him and I were friends before me and Xiaojun were. Speaking of him, have you seen him??" He asked.

Oh no. I still can't escape his name. "No." I lied.

"That's so odd, not only is Derek missing, but he's missing too."