Chapter 3: Who Are You?

~Please let me know if you're all enjoying this story (or not) and I'll keep going. 😊💚~

He laughed, revealing his teeth. "What?! Who are YOU, stranger?" He said, playfully hitting my leg as he sat up.

"Why do you have a secret hideout?" I asked.

He chuckled. "I just told you!"

"That's not a good enough reason xiaojun.."

"What do you wanna know?" He asked.

I wanted to tell him about Derek, but I didn't want Derek in anymore trouble if it was between him and xiaojun. His eye did look pretty busted today, who knows what else will be bruised or broken if I open my mouth about him...

"I just want to know, who you are personally. Like how you keep disappearing, why'd you get expelled when you're an A student, and the girl back at the restaurant." I told him.

He nodded as he looked at the floor. "Okay. I disappear because my parents are considering taking me out of school, so they could put me in some sort of special training at home."

"Home school?" I asked.

He brushed his hair out of his face. "Something like that. That's why I come here, to avoid it..."

"Okay." I nodded, trying to understand. "What about school? Why'd you get expelled?"

"I got expelled because I had possession of a weapon on school property."

"But it was in my hands..."

"Not the bat.."

"Huh?" I questioned, thinking of the other thing he had in his hand in my nightmare.

A knife...

"The knife..?" I asked.

He shook his head, making my eyes grow wide. The only weapon left he could've had on school property that could have gotten him expelled would be...a gun.

"You had a gun on school property?" I asked in a low tone, as if anyone could hear us anyway.

He looked away in guilt.

"Xiaojun why the hell-"

"I know I know...It was to protect Michael." He said.

"Xiaojun, a bat can protect Michael! Michael can protect Michael! WE can protect Michael!" I yelled.

"It wasn't real anyway. It was a prompt gun. That's why they only expelled me instead of kicking me out of school."

"And you're lucky they didn't!" I snapped, hitting his leg.

"Ouch." He chuckled.

"What about the girl, what did she hand you at the restaurant?" I asked, crossing my arms.

His eyes grew wide as his head went back. "Oh my god you still remember that? Jesus I thought you let that go." He chuckled.

I hit his arm this time, making him flinch as he grabbed my hand. "What the fuck did she hand you?" I said, trying to hit him again.

"Alright alright alright." He laughed, holding my arms. "She might or might not have handed me her number." He said, slightly looking over at me.

I tried to release my arms so I could hit him for keeping it. "And you fucking kept it!" I said, trying not to break character.

He laughed, leaning back as he attempted to dodge my hits. "I didn't text her though."

"You actually kept it for real?!" I gasped.