Pg. 12

I rushed downstairs, hoping to get to the door before my mom could. The moment I saw her touch the door knob, my eyes grew wide.

"Mom don't!" I screamed, running towards the door.

"Wha-Rachel What is your problem?" She chuckled.

"Mom, just please don't answer the door." I said nervously, covering the door with my body.

"What has gotten into you??" She asked.

I kept my back to the door.

"Are you seriously going to block the door all night?" She asked as the door knock sounded again.

My eyes grew wide.

She unlocked the door anyway as she opened it, making me move.

"Large pepperoni pizza?" I heard, looking out to see a guy standing there with a pizza box in his hand.

I sighed from relief.

I'm literally losing my shit...

She paid the pizza guy as he gave her the boxes of pizza she had ordered for us. "Now, you wanna explain what that was all about?" She asked as she closed the door.

I rubbed my forehead. "Sorry, I just...haven't been getting much sleep lately." I told her as I sat at the kitchen counter.

"But you sleep all the time. Every time you come home from school, you go straight to your room and sleep.." She said, gathering up two plates to put our pizza on.

"I know. I've just been so stressed out about school."

"School? But you say everything's been going fine at school." She said, taking a bite out of her pizza.

"It is." I lied. "It's still stressful though."

"Honey, try working at a hospital overnight and paying bills. That's stressful." She chuckled.

After dinner, I headed straight to bed without checking my phone. After that message, I don't even think I want to sleep alone tonight. I grabbed my remote, as I turned on the TV, to avoid the scary sounds of silence. Maybe I should text Kelly, honestly being around her makes me feel safe.

You: Why does weird shit keep happening to me...

Kelly: Wdym?

You: I got an odd message from an unknown number, saying I'm watching you.

I ended up sending her a screen shot to prove it.

Kelly: WTF! That area code is from around here too...you think it's that x boy?

You: Who xiaojun?! Honestly, it could be. I actually forgot to mention, I saw the girl at the restaurant earlier and she looked completely terrified...She said to stay away from him because he wasn't normal, that's what took me so long in the restroom...

Kelly: Hm. That's so strange, these girls in my class said the same thing about him...

You: Seriously..?

Kelly: Yea! Like almost every girl in the school is in love with him, but some of them have hung out with him outside of school and said he's very odd. When I asked them what did they mean by that they told me he just has a bad temper and loses control when he's angry...

You: That's it??!! You don't think he's something more, because the girl's facial expression said otherwise than just a bad temper, and if anything he should be in anger management with us