▸ANNOUNCEMENTS

ANNOUNCEMENTS

ANNOUNCEMENTS

May 2022

Tears stream down my rosy cheeks as I enter the kitchen. I snuffle and use my arm to remove the droplets gathering around my chin. Noah places the tongs on the bench and turns around. The smile slips from his face and concern move through his green eyes.

"Please help me, I can't get the zip up." I tug on the metal once more but it doesn't budge. More tears trickle down my cheeks as desperation sets in.

Noah bites his lower lip to prevent himself from laughing. However, my growing anger seems to be amusing to him.

"Don't laugh!" I snap. "If I can't get this dress on, then I'll be wearing my pjs to lunch."

"Turn around and I'll see if I can do it. It's probably just the angle, sometimes zippers can be tedious like that."

"I hope it's just being an asshole."

"Come on." He beckons me over.

I turn around and Noah moves my hair over my shoulder. He does the top button up and I attempt to suck in my stomach, which doesn't really go anywhere. Somehow, the zipper slides up and I sigh with relief.

"See, no need to worry."

I slide my hands over my stomach and pout. This sunflower dress has some stretch but I'm quickly growing out of it. I'm disappointed because it's comfortable and very soft. It's hard to find nice clothing that meets my comfort requirements.

"Thank you."

Noah takes my arm and spins me around. He cups my cheeks and removes the tears with his thumbs. His soft green eyes search mine before fluttering closed. He kisses my forehead and I nuzzle into his chest.

Just like always, the calming smell of chamomile and peppermint soothes my senses. If Noah ever decides to use another body wash or the company decides to change their product, I'll probably cry because everything is making me cry at the moment. Damn hormones.

"You look radiant."

"No, I look pregnant." I sigh.

"Oh baby, that's because you are." His chest rumbles against my cheek.

"How do women do this? My feet hurt, I have constant back pain and everything makes me want to cry. Percy told me that Nicole has picked the wedding venue and I cried. I'm not even in the very pregnant phase yet." I groan.

"Welp, you're still not thrilled, so crying seems like a natural reaction." He chuckles.

"Hm, you have a good point there. Does Lea still love Nicole? Why am I the only one saying things seem too rushed. Why do they have to get married now? Shouldn't they at least live together for a little bit and see how things pan out?"