▸DINNER

Saturday, the 21st of October

There's a note on the counter and money for pizza since Dad's working this weekend. It makes sneaking out easy and I hate it that much more. I shoot him a message to say I'm going to Samantha's for the night and toss the note in the bin.

I slip into my jacket and grab my bag before walking out the front door. Cool air whips past as I lock the door and bound down the driveway. Noah pushes the passenger seat open and I jump into the warm car.

"Hi, Noah." I smile.

Noah takes my hands and rubs them with his warm ones.

"You're so cold."

"I'm fucking freezing."

Noah chuckles as he blows hot air on my fingers and kisses them.

"Let's get you back to mine where it's warmer." He chuckles.

He cranks up the heater which makes the car almost like a sauna. When we arrive at the apartment complex, Noah takes my bag and we hurry inside.

Once we're in the safety of the apartment, Noah drops the bags on the floor and pins me against the door. I wrap my arms around his neck and slide my fingers into his hair. He brushes his nose against mine, then captures my lips.

"I've missed you so much." I moan.

"We should put our things away."

I bite his lower lip and chuckle.

Noah takes our bags to his bedroom and I'm a little sad there's no blankets and stars in the living room. It doesn't matter because Noah is here and I can't wait to wrap myself in his arms and stay there for the remainder of the weekend.

He places my bag by the bed and I discard my shoes beside it. Noah takes a blanket and we wander into the lounge room. We pile onto the couch and snuggle under it.

Noah turns the television on and flicks through Netflix.

"What should we watch?"

"I never know what to watch. Sometimes I just close my eyes and scroll around until I find something random. It's always failed me but I still have so much hope it'll work out." I chuckle.

"I bet you find some interesting movies."

"Sometimes." I laugh.

"Do you like action movies?"

"Yes." I nod.

"I have something we can watch."

"Okay."

He selects a movie and then we adjust the blanket so it's fluffed around us. I rest my head against his chest and he kisses my temple. I enjoy every second of this moment because good things never last long.