▸ REVENGE

REVENGE

REVENGE

Friday the 15th of September

Percy spent the last couple of days following me around because he's feeling guilty about Jewels and her stupid behaviour. She's only sorry because it's pushed us closer together, which I don't like because I need my own space.

Today I remove the bandage and slide into my cheerleading uniform. Noah is finally back from his personal development thing and I can now tease him with this outfit. I just have an entire day to struggle through until I see him.

Until then, Percy sits beside me in English and peers at my work. I slide the paper across and he smiles. Once he's scribbled all the answers down, he leans on the desk.

"Can we talk about Tuesday?"

I stare at the ground with the hope it'll swallow me. When it doesn't, I turn to Percy, who's giving me big brown puppy eyes. How could you hurt a puppy?

The classroom door opens and a student wanders inside. Percy grumbles as he places an old stereo on a desk. Music crackles out of the speakers and he grins.

"You're just too good to be true, can't take my eyes off of you, you feel like heaven to touch, I want to hold you so much," he sings.

Students cheer along with the teacher. He dances around the classroom, then stands in front of a girl's desk and hands her a rose.

"Will you come to Homecoming with me?"

"Yes," she shouts.

She leaps into his arms and they spin around.

Percy frowns and shakes his head.

"What's the big deal, it's just Homecoming."

"It's adorable and romantic."

The student leaves and the teacher hands out homework, which everyone grumbles about. Percy packs our things away and I manage to take my bag.

On the way to second period, Samantha and Annika appear beside me and we watch people getting asked to the Homecoming dance. There's signs, teddies and flowers, which is nice. I wish someone would do this for me.

"Do you know who you're going with? I've had three people ask me." Samantha smiles.

"Just two options so far, and not the one I wanted." Annika frowns.

The pair look at me and I shrug.

"Looks like I'm flying solo." I laugh.

"There's no way you'll be going by yourself." Annika bumps her shoulder into mine.

"I hope so, because you only get a few good moments in high school, then its shitty dates and one night stands."

"Please don't say that." Samantha groans.

"We're going to work on the float, want to come?" Annika asks.

"Sure, is it in the woodwork room? I have study hall and I need to get signed off first."

Dad insisted I take one more day off, which I wasn't going to complain about because hey, maybe I'll see Noah again.

"No, we moved everything to the art room."

"Please tell me Jewels isn't going to be there."

"Jewels only comes after the work is done." They laugh.

"Sounds right." I chuckle.

Those two head to the art room while I get signed off. When I arrive at the art room, there's people cutting paper and others painting decorations.

I sit with Samantha and rip different shades of blue paper which will be used for the water around the float. Someone turns the music on and it becomes a bit more fun.

* * * * *

I stride into Noah's classroom with a smile, his eyes linger on thighs and he smirks.

"I have something for you."

Noah returns with a white lab coat and I shoot him a glare. The robe is ankle length and way too big. You might have won today, but that won't be the case next time.

I grab wood from the storage room and Noah joins me at the table with a tape measure and pencil. We measure and re-measure until Noah directs me to the machines.

"Line the piece up and bring the blade down, it's just that easy."

"How many people have cut their fingers off?"

"Nobody here has." He smiles.

"I know that should be comforting, but it isn't."

"You'll be fine, Charlie."

I put safety goggles on and follow Noah to the machine. He helps me line it up and I push the big red button which fires up the machine.

The machine isn't so scary when Noah stands behind me and places his hand on mine. We hold the wood and bring the blade down, and it cuts through the wood.

I hit the button and he steps away.

"Yay, it's done."

"And you didn't cut your fingers off." Noah chuckles.

"I still have a more piece to cut. I think I'm more worried about the sanding machine."

"You'll be fine."

Noah closely observes me as I mauver the machine. I work slowly so that it takes the entire lesson because using one machine is scary enough.

When the bell rings, I take even longer to put things away so that I'm the last person. I remove the jacket and throw it at Noah. I bend over and collect my bag from the door, then smile over my shoulder.

Noah's jaw clenches and I smile with pride.

"Something wrong?" I laugh.

He stands in front of me and I roll forwards and lean up. His hands hover by my sides and his lips inch closer to me. I step back and laugh.

"Goodbye, Mr. East."

I saunter out of the room with a bright grin.