S I X T E E N

"Congrats, you've all made it past the first circle. Your quiz on limbo will be up tonight and will be due tomorrow night at 11:59." Professor Callahan lectured at the front of the hall, "Again, it is due AT 11:59:00. If you wait one more second after, it will not be submitted so do not wait till the last minute. I will not accept late quizzes or reopen them because you forgot. So please plan accordingly."

Niall watched as Kit reached down into her bag to grab out her planner. Niall smirked as he watched her scribble into the book in bright blue pen. She then underlined the words four times.

QUIZ DUE TOMORROW NIGHT @11:59

"Oooo, will you write that down for me as well. I forgot my planner at the bookstore on the shelf and i know how hard it is to remember a simple quiz." Niall teased her, elbowing her softly. She looked at him with a sweet smile, "You're a jerk. But I will indeed write it down for you, wouldn't want you to forget it. That's how nice I am."

He wanted to kiss her right there and then. Despite the full lecture hall, or the professor rambling on in the front of the room. He wanted to put his hands on her face and press his lips to hers. He wondered if she would gasp lightly when he touched her or would she melt into the kiss completely. He knew she wore a cocoa butter chapstick, and sometimes she would also wear lip gloss that smelt like vanilla.

His heart raced as the thought of touching her drove him mad.

Kit returned her attention to the front of the room as the details of the first quiz was being discussed. Niall couldn't but help to admire her beauty. She had such soft features from her button nose to her full lips. And man; those eyes of hers could start and finish wars. Professor Callahan was cut off by the sound of the door opening up and sure enough, Niall's heart sank.

Professor Callahan smile, "Come on in, folks you are in for a treat. I rarely have favorites but this happens to my favorite TA. He was gracious enough to come to our class today to finally introduced himself and dedicate some of his time to help you all achieve success."

Reggie joined Callahan at the front of the room, "Wow that was some introduction. Thank you, sir. Hey guys, my name is Reggie. I apologize for not making my precense clear at the start of the semester ." Niall made eye contact with his president, something about the look Reggie gave nearly made him want to cower. "However, I am a senior here and just like you all, I had to suffer through Dante's Inferno."

A couple of chuckles echoed from around the hall, "So I am dedicating my time to helping you all survive the semester. I will establish LA sessions where we all can meet after each circle to help you understand what the text is saying before you take the quiz. I will also be doing a review sessions before the midterm and the final."

"Do you think he'd take your quizzes, then you wouldn't need to write them down." Niall whispered in her ear, he knew it would make Reggie's blood boil. Watching Kit and himself sit in the front row snickering.

Kit snickered, "Shh, you are going to get us in trouble."

"You say that like it's a bad thing. Your big boyfriend can protect us."

"He's not my-"

"Care to share with the rest of the class, Mr. Horan?" Callahan asked. Fuck, this wasn't good. He wanted to piss off Reggie, not the professor. This was the second disruption that he has caused.

"Ah, no sir. Sorry the interruption." Niall made eye contact with his president, and if looks cold kill, Niall would be a goner.

"Miss Grey?"

"No, I apologize." She slouched her shoulders. Niall instantly regretted his actions. He didn't care that the professor knew his name but he knew Kit cared that Callahan knew her name for all the wrong reasons.