T E N

"After you, milady." Reggie said as he opened the door to the restaurant, La Chez.

"Why thank you." I smiled as I entered, instantly, I felt out of place. Glass chandeliers, a jazz band in the corner, and a sea of people in elegant clothing. This felt like a scene in a movie where the rich sofisticated guy take 

"This place has the best french fries ever." Reggie returned to my side. 

I looked at him and cocked an eyebrow. He laughed, "I'm kidding, Grey. Lighten up or else it is going to be a long evening."

"Sorry, I thought you were serious." 

"I mean, they are pretty good." he winked.

A man with a grey hair wearing a tux approached us, "Ah Monsieur Adams, glad to see you again. Will your father be joining you and your beautiful date?"

I smiled. He had a very thick French accent, it reminded me of Beauty and the Beast, whatever the candlesticks name is.

"Not tonight, Alfie, just a table for me and Grey." He smiled at the old man. 

Alfie looked over at me and smile, "Of course. Just give me one moment to make sure your table is ready." 

"Come here often?" I asked.

"Huh? Are you hitting on me?" He grinned. 

"No, I-" 

"No, it's chill Grey. I appreciate your desire to woo and charm me. And I must say it is working." Before I could tell him how wrong he was, Alfie approached with a giant grin plastered on his face, "Ah, young love." 

"Oh no," I spoke, "We're friends." 

"But she's got it for me. You know what I am talking about, eh Alf?" Reggie smirked. 

"My wife played hard to get as well." 

"How long have you been married?" I asked. 

"Twenty two years," He said dreamily, "But then I got my head on straight and divorced that cow." 

My eyes widened, "Oh shit." 

Reggie laughed, "You're the man."

"No, you are!" He laughed, "Come, come. Your table is ready." 

We walked past tables of couples, a man in a blue jacket stood, "Mr. Adams."

"Judge Trimble." Reggie dipped his head in respect. 

"Call me Jon, boy. I'm out of my robes." He looked over at me, "This one, always a charmer." 

"Oh I know," I looked at Reggie. 

"I'm sure you're aware. I mean you are indeed too pretty for him." The man grinned. 

Reggie chuckled, "Good to see you again, Mr. Trimble." 

"Tell your father I said hello." 

Reggie put his hand on my back, not the small but in between my shoulder, "Will do, sir. If you'll excuse us." 

"Who was that?" I questioned. 

"He is one of the higher ups in the court system. He's been trying to get my dad to mention his name for the next supreme court position. So he tries to kiss my ass any chance he can get." Reggie hissed. 

"Oh."

"Thank you Alfie, this looks wonderful," And it did. It was a private table, with a white tablecloth, red roses and perfectly polished dinning-ware. Soft classical music played throughout the room. There were French doors that lead to a balcony that overlooked the city, I was in awe.