S E V E N

"I do not know how you do it." Georgia said as she walked through the dorm room.

"Well usually I use a hair mask instead of conditioner or I like to be a rebel and use both. But really it's just the hair mask." I replied, I was looking over the syllabus for the rest of my classes.

She cocked her head at me, "What are you talking about?"

I squinted at her, "What are you talking about?" 

She blinked, and stared for a moment, "About you and Reggie, ya know that hot frat boy that you have a date with?"

"Frat president," I corrected, Georgia shot me a glare, "But yes I am aware that I am going on a date with him. Why what's that?'

"It's all anyone is talking about and it's so fascinatin'. Watching all these girls get all hot and bothered about it, arguing like the last piece of cornbread was snatched up from the picnic on Sunday after church."

"Back up." I sat my paper to the side of my bed, "Translation? And by the way really specific simile." 

She sat across from me on her bed, "These girls in my physc class were going off about Reggie asking some girl out. And I guess one of them said, 'Over my dead body, Reggie wouldn't ask a nobody out.' Some real cliche- mean girl, high school bitchiness going on. And we just started." 

"Fuck,"I sighed, "This is exactly what I didn't want. I didn't want my date to become this big deal and everyone is so fixated on it. And I haven't even gone on it yet. Maybe I should cancel-"

Georgia grabbed my phone off of the nightstand, "Hell no."

"George, please? I don't want to draw attention to myself or anything." I pleaded.

"You'll thank me for this. And when you and Reggie get married, I'm going to reflect on this moment, and hopefully, you'll name your first born after me." 

"Not naming my kid after a state." I told her. 

"Okay, well what about after the founding father?" She countered. I grabbed the papers and began reading again.

"Oh hush it." I retorted. "As much as I would love to name my child Christopher Jackson, I can't." When she didn't respond right away, I looked over at her, her face was twisted in disgust. 

"What?"

"I was talkin' about George Washington."

"So was I?" I was equally confused, "Wait, have you never hear of the musical Hamilton?"

She eyed me. I continued, "The first Broadway show that revolutionized theater and hip pop influences."

"No, what does that have to do with George Washington and whoever Christopher Jackson is?"

I closed my eyes and shoved the yellow pages off to the side again," Oh my god. Have you been living under a rock this entire time? Hamilton is a musical about the founding fathers including George Washington and guess who played him? CHRISTOPHER JACKSON. I mean Hamilton is taking over the broadway worl- ENGAGE IN THE CULTURE, GEORGE." I snapped after I watched as she got more confused. 

"Jeez. You're crazier than an alligator snappin' turtle." She huffed.

"I will strap you to a chair and you will listen to the ENTIRE album." I threatened. 

"As intriguing as that sounds, I have a date." She smiled. 

"Georgia. I swear to God, if you are cheating on your boyfriend while he is off serving our country, I will castrate your date." 

She rolled her eyes and grabbed her laptop, "I appreciate the gesture, but I would never cheat on my honey."

"But you said-"

"A skype date, sugar." She giggled and her face lit up with joy, "We haven't had one in months, I miss his face dearly." 

I smiled as she began typing away, "Well, I'll give you two some privacy." 

I grabbed my bag and closed the door behind me. 

I walked down the dorm hall and into the fresh air. I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, "Coffee. I need coffee." 

(Thank you to everyone for being SO patient with me as I updated! Life has been so insane lately.

I recently graduated high school and got accepted into Boise State University for Pre-Vet medicine! I am so excited for the journey ahead!

I just got back from a months vacation of going to California and ENGLAND. Oh my word, it was beautiful. I wish I could go on and on about my trip across the pond. BUT I leave for college in three weeks! 

SO NOW I CAN GIVE YOU A MORE REALISTIC COLLEGE EXPERIENCE! WOOT WOOT!)