Im Fine

"Mom, look!"

The boy hurried to push his mother towards the other room. Jin has used his acrylic paints he received as a gift to create a work of art.

"Jin, it's beautiful!" His mother looks at the painting, joy fulling her heart. "But, what is it?"

Jin looks up. "It's the forest!" The painting was a mixture of greens and browns with a little bit of a nature feeling displayed. "I-it might not look like it, but it's what I think it looks like!" He points to a shape on the bottom of the canvas.

"This one is a deer," he points somewhere else, "this one's a waterfall."

His mother smiles. "That's beautiful Jin." She ruffles his hair and starts to head out when she felt a tug on her sweater.

"Mommy...do you know why is made this?" Jin asks. The mother looks down, shaking her head. "Well," Jin says, "do you remember when we went to the Cheonjiyeon Falls?"

His mother pauses, "yes..."

"I painted what I saw there! I didn't have room to paint us though...." he says disappointed.

The other looks back at the painting, looking closer to the details. She saw memories with each stroke of paint. The moment they saw the animals, the moment they saw the waterfall, the moment when....

"Mommy, I hope we can go there again." Jin says.

"Daddy will go too!" He says with a smile.

___________________

[Kim Jinsoo]

Saturdays.

One of the most relaxing days to have during the week. But, not this week. I have to go to the party with Jae at Siwoo's house.

I could already feel the looks at me when I show up. Jae would be very upset if I didn't show up though.

'What am I doing with my life??'

I got out of bed, the weight of the sleepless nights pulling me down. Recently, I have been sleeping very poorly, getting around four to five hours. Honestly my new norm.

My mom wasn't home, indicating that she left to the hospital. I ended up eating cereal and going back to my room to finish in elf my paintings.

The windows open and my little radio playing a calming tune set the mood in the room. I uncapped each tube of paint, squeezing the amount wanted on the palette. The easel stood alone in the corner, holding the canvas with its arms. A stool next to said easel was untouched.

I looked at the space, debating wether I should reposition the room. Suddenly, my phone starts to ring. I go over to the nightstand and grab my cell and swipe across the screen.

"I'm here."

My face changes.

"Open your door, Jin."

I pull the phone out to see who I was talking to.

"Jae, it's only 10:47." I say, taking a seat in the stool and begin painting. I hear her scoff on the other side.

"The part starts at 12:00. Pretty early but if that's what Siwoo's wants than that's what he wants. Now let me in!"

I pull away from the sudden outburst. "Jeez, I'll, be there." I hung up and headed to the front door to see Jae. She had crossed arms and headed in.

"What are you doing?" She asks, taking off her shoes.

"Painting, you just had to interrupt me." I walked back to my room with Jae tailing me. She took a seat in my desk chair while I went back to the stool.