Lives Parted

A/n

Guys! The book is almost coming to an end! I hope you guys enjoy the few chapters left and like this one too! Be sure to suggest my story to anyone who likes this genre in particular!

________

[Kim Jinsoo]

"Is this Kim Jinsoo?"

"Y-Yes...?"

"Great, we need to know whether you are in contacting distance from the Pyeongtaek St.Mary's Hospital."

"W-Why?"

"I'm sure you are familiar with the name Min-Seo, correct?"

I paused. "That's my mom..."

There was a noticeable silence on the other end.

"O-oh...I'm sorry..."

"Wait, What h-happened...?"

There was a slight pause on the phone, which caused my heart rate to increase dramatically.

"Your mother was found passed out due to a drug overdose last night. Apparently she was like this for more than seventeen hours. We don't know whether she'd make it..."

I dropped the phone onto the ground. 'My m-mom...hospitalized...'

Sangwoo walks out of the bathroom and noticed my state. "What's wrong?" The voice from the phone was muffled but it didn't matter because I wasn't able to hear anything.

"Jin, what's wrong?"

Suddenly, my eyes started to water. "N-no...this cant be..."

I picked up the phone from the ground and out it closely to my ear.

"Hello? We need to know whether you're available to co-"

"Yes! Yes I am!" I was panicking. Short breathed, watery eyes, red face.

"Great, we will be expecting you soon."

The line hung up leaving the silence of the air linger into my head. The thought of my mom hospitalized didn't help the matter.

Today Sangwoo and Hajoon were painting and I was planning to go out with Jennie but hen I got the call.

"I need to get home," I whispered.

"What? Why do you need to go home?" Sangwoo asked.

I didn't respond and immediately started to pack my belongings. Sangwoo grabbed my wrist to stop me but I forcefully pushed him away.

"Jin, we don't leave until tomorrow. Why are you in such a-"

"I need to go home!" I shouted, silencing Sangwoo. "O-oh, s-sorry. I'm having some...problem right now." I continued to the pack my stuff as Sangwoo observed me.

"Do you need a ride back?" He asked.

I paused. "I-I do..."

He nods and began to type on his phone. Once he finished he puts it back into his pocket. "He'll be here in five."

I thanked him with a hug. "Thank you Sangwoo. I don't know what I'd do with you..."

He hugged me back and fixed his shirt. "I'll be heading out now. Wish me luck, okay?" I nodded and went back to my packing.

*

By the time I finished, a black car pulled up in front of the entrance of the hotel. I hauled my bags with me in a hurry to the car,