Doubt

Sometimes,

Life doesn't go the way you want it to.

But that is to be expected.

Life is spontaneous.

______________

[Oh Sangwoo]

Jin hopped out of the car without saying goodbye and rushed into his house. I wanted to ask him whether he just wanted to leave because he felt uncomfortable.

But I didn't,

I don't want him to think of me badly.

My butler drove me back to my house, not questioning my silence. We both made it back and I immediately walked into the house.

My mom was in the kitchen cooking as I walked past her.

"Sangwoo? You're back already?" She puts down her spoon and turns down the heat. I ignored her and continued my way to my room. She catches up to me and pulls my hand.

"What's wrong?"

I shrugged her off and made my way to my room before my mom could grab on me. "Sangwoo," she calls, "come here."I stop in my tracks to look at her. Slowly, I made my way to the island and took a seat in front of her.

"What?" I ask, slightly annoyed.

She gasps, "that is no way to talk to your mom."

I apologize and remain silent.  

She sighs and takes the seat in front of me. "what's wrong?" I look away, "nothing."

She scoffs in disbelief. "There is obviously something wrong. It's literally only been a few minutes since Jin left and you're sulking."

"It's not about JIn." I say, getting more annoyed by the second. "I can tell that's a lie." My mom says.

"Do you like Jin?" She asks. Suddenly, there was something in me that has to be released. A feeling of anger yet of disappointment. This is an unusual feeling.

"I dont...know." I say, slouching down into my arms. "Do you think he hates me?" I ask, slightly irritated. My mom gasps and rushes over to me.

"Of course he doesn't! I know there's something about him that is special. He wouldn't hate you." She says reassuringly.

"But why did he leave so early!? He probably didn't like me being around him.."

My mom hits me, "that's not true. I know that for a fact."

"How?" I ask.

"Trust me, I know about him more than he thinks I." She says reassuringly. "That's creepy." I say, scooting away from her.

I let out a sigh. "I asked him on a date earlier today." She lets out a squeal and starts to hug me. "But," she stops hugging, "he still hasn't chosen a place for us to go."

My mom then goes to hit me again. "Ow!"

"You're the one who is supposed to choose a place for both of you to go! This causes him to feel stressed about whether you'd like the place he chose or not!"

I calm my mom down. "I told him that he can choose anything and that it'll be fine by me. Plus, I was afraid he'd not like the place that I chose." I explained.

My mom shakes her head and puts her hand on her face. "You're stupid."

"Hey!"

____________