Gift

Sangwoo held tightly on a white bag, reserved for the boy across the playground.

He didn't want to embarrass himself, so he made one of the supervisors to deliver it for him.

"Are you sure Sangwoo? Maybe if you did it, he might want to talk to you." The supervisor says, trying to convince Sangwoo.

"I don't think he likes me Mr. Im....." Sangwoo says, putting his head down. Mr. Im sighs and oats Sangwoo's head, "You never know until you try."

Sangwoo stares at the bag and then at Jin. "I'll do it," He says confidently.

_____________

[Oh Sangwoo]

I stare at Jin wearing one of my mom's hundred aprons. He looked very cute in the apron, small and adorable. I could just squish him right there.

"Sangwoo?" Jin asks, tying the strings around his waist.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Do you want to help us?" he responds. I immediately shook my head, "no, I'm very bad at cooking. Or anything in the kitchen for that matter."

Jin giggles a little bit. "It's fine, you can just watch." He goes over to my mom who is setting the stove up. "We want a very flat pan, to ensure the flavors." He says voice filled with determination. My mom nods and grabs a pan from under the counter top.

"Hey," I ask, "since you guys are cooking, I'll just stay in my room."

Jin turns, "that's perfectly fine Sangwoo. It'll only take about fifteen minutes." I wave and head towards the stairs.

__

[Kim Jinsoo]

I watch as Sangwoo retreats back to his bedroom. Both his mother and I begin our journey towards the best bulgogi ever made.

"Okay, I would usually put a little bit of butter on the pan for greasing." I state simply after. "I want to treat the thin meat as a regular steak." 

"Considering the thickness of the meat, we would have to leave it in for not more than forty-five seconds on each side." I walk over to the bag of the marinated meat, opening to ensure the quality. "This is Japanese wagyu. Why do you choose such a high priced meat?"

"The higher priced meat give a more in-depth flavor compared to the other alternatives," Seo-yun says. "Sangwoo's father never eats what I make. I get the best quality for Sangwoo because he deserves it."

I nodded, going along with their statement. "Do you cook often?" She asks.

"Oh, yea I do. Since my mom is a nurse, she's rarely home to cook meals. But when she is home, she makes an abundance of everything I like." I respond. She gives a soft smile and continues to grab the ingredients.

"Seo-yun, do you know where I can get gloves?" I asked. "They should be in there," she says pointing to the drawer in front of me.

I opened the drawer and saw the box of gloves. I put them on, aware of the hand size being larger than mine. "Okay, let's get started."

I grab some of the marinated meat, soaking with the marinate. Carefully, I dabbed a paper towel to remove access moisture. Seo-yun put butter in the pan and heated it. "I never use butter, I would just put the meat straight into the pan." She says, slightly confused.

"We also need some garlic and thyme. Maybe a lemon." I said.

She nods and opens the drawers to find the requested items whilst I began cooking the meat. I layer the slices parallel to each other on the flat pan, making sure there was space between each piece. Seo-yun came back with the ingredients and chopped them up,