Kindness is A Virtue

"Mommy, what are you doing? Are you okay?"

The mother glances at her son, tears falling down her face. "It's nothing Jin.....your mommy is okay...."

Jin knew that his mother wasn't okay......he knew there was something wrong.

"Mommy, why do you have dad's picture?"

She just sniffs and hugs it tightly, "he's my world, and you are too. I'm just glad to still have you...."

The boy smiles and goes up to hug his mother, "I love you mommy!"

The mother smiles sadly, "I know...."

___________

[Kim Jinsoo]

I sat quietly while Minyoung and Jae talked about how their classes were. It was lunchtime and the hour after this one is art. I await the time to paint with Sangwoo.

"Jin!"

I jolt up a bit, scared by Jae's screaming. "What was that for?" I asked, rubbing my ear from the sudden outburst.

"Did you not hear what I asked you?" She asked. Shaking my head, she goes on to ask me about the game.

"Yes, I can go," I stated, "a-actually...I got a personal invite from Sangwoo himself."

She glances at me with big eyes, unbelieving the words escaping my mouth.

"He what!?"

I cower from the sudden spout burst once again. "Y-yea, while I was walking home. We got on the topic of basketball and I guess he wanted me to go..."

Jae stared is disbelief. "Seriously? Why do all the hot guys have to be gay?" She whined.

I stared at her, "you don't know is Sangwoo is g-gay. He might just be nice." I felt my cheek heat up with the more thought I put into the sentence.

Jae smirks, "you never know. Anyway, we can meet in the schools basketball gym after school. They have practice before each game. Maybe we'll get to see them play."

I simply agreed with her plan and went back to eating.

___________

"Welcome my fellow creators! Today you'll be continuing your project from yesterday with your table partners. Please do hurry up, we are on a tight schedule."

I stared blankly at Mrs. Lee as she explained the project to the students that weren't present yesterday. She went on to go to the other groups and checked on them too.

"Jin, what are we going to paint today," I heard Sangwoo ask behind me.

Slowly, I rose from my position and went to the counter with the plate with the mixed paint. I grabbed the plate and headed back to my center.

"So, today we'll be p-painting the sketch that we've created." I bent over to grab a fine tip paintbrush. "The plastic wrap kept the paint m-moist over night in order not to waste."

Dipping the brush delicately into the paint mixture, swirling it around lightly. I took it out and went to the canvas. Right before I touched the surface I remembered something.

"O-Oh, I forgot something!"

Sangwoo gave me a brow, "what would that be?"

I rubbed my head and let out a sigh, "we are working with oil paints. These paints are different from your regular acrylic. With oil paints, you'll need a base for it to set on. Without it, the canvas might absorb the paint making it deteriorate or wear off quickly."

Sangwoo had a confused look on his face. "B-basically, canvas gets mushy." He had an ':0' look on his face to signify his understanding.

I went over to the cabinets with the bottle of bases for the paint. Unfortunately, I was too short to reach the bottles. With tippy toes, I reached up to grab on but ended up knocking it further in the cabinet.

"I'll get that."

Sangwoo reaches into the back of the cabinet to retrieve the fallen bottle. We were so close to the point I could smell the very attractive cologne he was wearing. "Next time if you're struggling like this, call for me." He hands me the bottle and heads back to the station.

After our little interaction, I blushed a little and tailed him.

Once we made it back, I began pouring the base into a separate plate. "We should've done this yesterday. It would've wasted less time," I said getting the brushing from the cup.

"Since the canvas is a little to t-tall for me, you will be putting on the base."

I handed Sangwoo the brush and pointed to the plate, "use even strokes. The layer must be even but t-thick." He dipped the brush into the liquid and began applying it on the surface of the canvas.

I supervised his technique, seeing as he was an inexperienced painter. He forgot to rub off the surplus amount from the brush. Sangwoo went to brush the base with side-to-side brushes, letting the liquid drip down the canvas unevenly. This worried me.

A little of the base dripped from the brush on to me.

"ya-"

Sangwoo noticed the sudden noise and looked down at me. "Oh, crap. Sorry," He puts down the brush and goes to get a paper towel. "Here," He hands the paper to me and I dab the liquid off.

"Sorry, I'm not doing a good job am I?"

I shake me head reassuringly, "n-no! You're doing fine." I throw the used paper towel into the bin. "How about I do the bottom parts while you do the top parts?" I suggested.

Sangwoo seemed to like the idea and grabbed another brush. "Here, for you."

I took the brush in my hand and grabbed the abandoned plate on the table. "Let's get started."

With my brush, I dipped into the base and began applying it to the canvas. I brushed in an infinity sign motion and continued to do that with the rest of the canvas.

After awhile, I finished and went to wash my hands.

I looked back behind my to see Sangwoo again struggling to apply the base. I headed my way and and stood next to him, waiting for him to finish.

"Hey, uh, Jin."

I look up at Sangwoo, "y-yes?"

"Can you help me?"

I rolled my eyes and give a slight smile, blushing. He handed me his brush and stood back.  Stood my my tiny toes and did the top parts.

Finished, I went back to the sink to wash my hands. Sangwoo came up behind me to wash his hands next.

"You're really good at paint. I don't even know how to brush like you." His compliment made my face heat up. I thanked him and dried my hands.

"Y-you are good too! You just need practice that's all."

I could tell Sangwoo was rolling his eyes from the statement. "Like I am. You just did the rest that I couldn't do."

I patted his shoulder and gave him a smile. "That doesn't mean you're not bad at art d-dumbo!"

He laughed and dried his hands, "you're too cute."

_____________________

A/n: hEllo my loVes!

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter:)

I've been thinking of making my chapter longer and gettting right to the point so maybe I'll talk about some of the basketball stuff next chapter. Remember I post every two days!!

-b.b