Forever River

"I'm sorry, he's not going to make it...." The paramedics explained.

The mother sobs uncontrollably, clutching her husbands hand tightly in the hospital room. The mother's son looks up and sees his mother's condition.

"Mommy, why are you crying?"

His mother didn't respond and kept on sobbing, slowly falling down onto the floor. The boy went up to hug his mother, attempting to comfort her.

In response, the mother squeezed her son with all her might, almost suffocating him. "He's gone Jinsoo. He's gone......"

The mother released her son and kissed him forehead.

"We will miss him....."

_____________

[Kim Jinsoo]

Stroke....

I paint the color onto the canvas prepared the day before.

Stroke....

I rinse the paint brush of color.

Stroke....

I paint a new color into the final area.

BANG

I jump and turn towards the door to see Jae marching in to me.

"I looked everywhere for you!"

I cower, ashamed of leaving her at the table. "S-Sorry..."

She sighs and walks up to me. "Seojoon said you'd be in here. Sangwoo explained to is that you were late to first hour, care to explain?"

I shook my head, "it's nothing. I just tripped that's all..."

She stared at me unconvinced. "You're lying. What's the real reason?" I started getting uncomfortable with explaining why I was late.

"I t-tripped..."

Jae gave a heavy sigh, "if you don't tell me I'll," she looks around and steals the paintbrush from my hand and holds it up to the painting, "I'll ruin this painting."

"W-wait Jae, that's not nice!" I try to steal the brush but she pulls it away from me. "Speak."

I sat back down and sigh. "F-fine."

I explained to her about how Sangwoo's crowd and and walking around the entire school just to get to the class. I left out the part where the girl pushed me though. I can't let her know that. I also left out the part where I decided to ignore Sangwoo for the greater good. Jae puts the brush down and folded her arms.

"That's it?"

I nodded. "I'm not ignoring Sangwoo on purpose. I just don't want to talk to him right now." Lies.

"Ji-Jae decided to take Sangwoo away back to their table." Jae explained.

I gave a slight laugh, "That makes sense, he is fairly popular."

Jae nodded understandably. She glances at my painting, "this is really good, I would have never thought about ruining it." I thanked her and blush.

"Sangwoo and I are working on this painting together, I did most of it so far. He helps a lot just not in that way." I explain. Jae turnes to me with a serious face, "you have him next hour. Isn't that going to be a problem?"

I haven't thought of it but it was going to be a little disturbance. "I'm tough, I-I think I can handle it. Honestly I think I'm o-overreacting about the entire situation."