Hope

"Min-Seo? Are you okay?"

Both women were sitting on a bench in front of the park where their children play.

"Sangwoo! Come play with me!" A girl yells from the top of the monkey bars.

"Your son seems to be the athlete." Min-Seo says ignoring the question. Seo-yun sighs and looks at her son. "Yea, he is. But, Jin seems to be the opposite." She glances over to Jin who was sitting alone under the playground where there was a kiddy table, painting on a little tiny canvas he has brought.

"He likes to paint huh." Asks Seo-Yun. Min-Seo nods, "he wouldn't stop asking for new tubes of paint when we go shopping. He takes his supplies everywhere."

They sit silently, observing their children play. Suddenly, they hear a cry come from the direction of Jin. Min-Seo sees one of the girls that Sangwoo was playing with squeezing Jin's tubes of paint onto the the canvas he was working on. Min-Seo quickly gets up and heads over to the scene with Seo-yun trailing.

"W-why did you do that!" Says Jin, tears coming from his eyes. "You can't paint here! This is the park!" Says the girl, who proceeds to throw the tube of paint on Jin. The paint splatters and lands on Jin's face and clothes. Min-Seo immediately takes a hold on the girls arm.

"That is not nice! Apologize or I will get your parents!"

The girl scoffs and shrugs Min-Seo off. "MOMMY, THIS LADY IS HURTING ME!!!" A lady that was sitting on the bench gets up and heads over to the commotion.

"Let go of my daughter!" The lady grabs a hold of Min-Seo. Seo-yun quickly reacts and pushes the lady away. "Get your hands off of her! Your daughter was bullying her son so obviously she was going to react. Maybe if you were a better parent your child would know better!" Seo-yun says infuriated.

The lady scoffs and grabs a hold of her daughter. "Come on Ji-Jae, let's go." They leave the park with the little girl screaming her lungs out.

Min-Seo lets out a heavy sigh and picks up her crying son. "Thank you, but I think we're just going to head home now." Seo-yuh nods and grabs Sangwoo, who was eyeing Jin as he is carried away from the park into the car.

"Mommy, why is he crying?" Sangwoo asks, confused that his friend left.

Seo-yum sighs and turns to face Sangwoo. "It's nothing for you to worry about. But remember," she crouches down to Sangwoo's level, "do not bully someone for what they love. Respect other as if they respect you. If they don't do something to you, then don't do something to them."

She kisses his forehead and takes his hand. "Let's go home."

______________

[Kim Jinsoo]

Sangwoo stands in front of me, his breath falling gently on my face. The distance between us is non-existence. He stares at me, emotionless yet subtle.

"Y-you meanie..."

His eyes widen. "Why am I a meanie?" I turn away, "A-are you lying to me just to mess with me?" He quickly grabs my hand. "I'm serious Jin. I like you." I look back up at his face a notice the determination in his eyes. I then look down at our hands and immediately flush.

He takes a moment in thought.

"I've known you for a long time you know." He says, drawing closer to my face which is redder than a tomato. "After I moved, I couldn't help but think about you." He sighs and stands up straight.

"I didn't recognize you at first, but when I went to your house that day," he chuckles, "I knew there was something about you I liked." He smiles takes a hold of my hand, gently swirling his thumb on the backside. "I was just going to ask, wether you remember me or not."