Ch. 35: Peace Between Clans

~Nico~

I wake up to Luca shaking me gently.

"Wha-" I mumble.

"Everyone is here," Luca says nervously, taking a deep breath, "we got to meet in the conference room in 5 minutes. Wake up, Nico."

I sit up groggily, blinking the sleep out of my blurry eyes. How long have I been sleeping for? With no clock in the room, it's hard to tell the time.

"What time is it?" I inquire, pushing back the covers as Luca retreats to the door.

"It's four o'clock," He says, checking his watch.

My eyes widen, already? We got here at around 10 a.m. and the meeting with the alpha only took an hour, which means I slept for quite a while. I guess I must have been exhausted after the nightmares Nyx showed me last night. The thought surprises me, I realize I didn't see a single bad dream while I was sleeping. Maybe Luca really is my good luck charm.

The two of us scramble out of the guest room and into the meeting room once we agree that we look like suitable representatives. I even had time to change my clothes real quick, so that I don't look like a little kid drowning in his big brother's clothes.

When we enter the room, the Alpha is sitting at the head of the table. Next to him is Alex on his right and Blake on his left. Kayla is sitting next to Alex-- I can feel my hackles raise unconsciously. Next to Blake is a guy that looks like a Greek god. His skin is a beautiful shade of golden brown; his hair is a velvet black; his eyes are blue-green, and his teeth are perfectly straight and white. Just who is that guy? Next to the mystery hotty is a girl that is just as attractive as him. Heck, they may even be twins. She's got the same velvety black hair that travels down her back, her eyes are grey-blue, and she looks like a sly woman. Stranger still is that those two seem like they could be high schoolers, but their age is overall unknown. They must be the vampire representatives.

Sitting next to Kayla is Bryan, then Basta, and then Eleanor. I take my seat on Eleanor's left-hand side and Luca sits beside me. The room is buzzing with tension as everyone stares at one another with distrust. The Alpha clears his throat and the room goes silent.

"Now that we are all gathered here, let the Council begin," He says firmly. "We'll begin with introducing ourselves. If we're to broker peace, then we must be well acquainted with one another."

The Alpha introduces himself and then the other werewolves, then the druids and finally the vampires. The male is known as Adonis and his sister's name is Camelia. After the introductions are through, the Alpha jumps right into important matters. He discusses the situation with Nyx and how she has awoken after her long slumber and is targeting Alex and me for some unknown reason. The vampires go off on a similar tangent, revealing their own problems with Nyx's underlings-- of which we had no idea existed. And finally, my sister speaks, talking about our mother and the spell that she cast on us to keep us safe. How our mother would never have done something so serious unless there was grave danger awaiting us.

"I believe that after she cast the spell, she left to go fight Nyx or find a way to stop her. All we know is that we haven't seen or heard from her since." Eleanor looked stricken as she chocked out her final words, "For all we know, she may as well be dead."

Like a spell, her words created a strong silence. From the grim looks on everyone's faces, none of us were excited about dealing with whatever Nyx really was. We don't know what she is; who she is; what she wants, and why she wants it. If this was a game, we'd all be losing right now. Unfortunately, the prospects of losing are a lot more serious than any game.