Ch. 8: Making Plans

~Nico~

After the little scene in the cafeteria, school sucks. Right now it's 6th period and I'm keeping my head on my desk as the teacher talks.

The cool surface of the desk helps calm my nerves. Alex just found out that I was his Nico, and he didn't seem happy at all. If anything, he seemed downright annoyed. I could feel tears trying to surface again so I take some deep breaths. I shouldn't have hid my identity from him, because now I'm a hot mess. To top it off, he saw that I had cried. Ugh, I'm so lame.

Well, I think any wolf would cry if they found out their mate hated them. I mean, c'mon, this was the person you were going to spend the rest of your life with. And I just ruined it... I felt sadness rise in me again. I had to stop thinking about him. I decide to just listen to the gossip of the girls around me.

"Hey, did you know that there is going to be a party held by Jake on the football team?" A girl with a valley girl voice asked.

"What? No way! What for?" An equally annoying girl answers.

"It's, like, a pre-game celebration to hype everyone up for, like, the football game on Friday."

"Ohh, can, like, anyone go?" The second girl inquires.

"Well, it's mostly, like, the football team, cheerleaders, and their friends, I'm also sure they want, like, people who are going to support them in the game come over too. So, we are, like, all set." She starts giggling like as if supporting the idea of them supporting the football team was preposterous, and her friend joins in.

So a party tomorrow? I lift my head up and look at the two giggling girls, they look just like their voices predicted. "Hey, so the party at Jake's, where does he live?" I ask.

The girls look over at me with their lips pulled into a sneer, I guess I didn't look like I belonged at a party for all the most popular people at school. "Um, who are you?" One of them voices, the one with long blonde hair and perfectly manicured nails.

"My cousin is on the football team, and I have some friends as well,  so... where does Jake live?" They look like they don't believe me, but they write down the address anyway.

"Thanks guys, you're great." I say as I stand up and shoulder my bag; the bell had just rung.

"Ah, no problem." The blonde one says waving a perfectly manicured hand.

"Yeah, see you there~" The brunette says flipping her hair.

I leave the classroom with a sigh of relief. I was glad to be away from those two. I look at the address. I would plug it into my phone to see how far away it was. I walk through the emptying halls to the student parking lot and sit on the stone wall. Mine-as-well do it here.

The stone wall is cold against my legs and bites into my skin. The wind whips through the air, cold as ever. I plug the address into google maps and discover it isn't that far from my house. I look at the location and something pulls at my mind, wait a minute... wasn't that the rich part of town full of mansions!? Dang, who knew this guy would be loaded and play football. People like that are so freaking lucky.

I jump off of the cold wall that made my butt numb. I put an earbud in my ear and leave one out. I lean against the wall and I put on a song before I start walking. When I look up from my phone I see Alex standing a yard away, talking to some girl. The student lot was almost empty now except for a few people who didn't want to get caught up in traffic.

I watch Alex talking to the girl and laughing with her too. I felt so irritated. I wish, sometimes, that I was a girl, because then I wouldn't have to worry about being a guy and having Alex as my mate. I could just be his mate with nothing to worry about; I could give him children and be cute and everything he wanted me to be. But as a guy the chance of me becoming his mate was slim, and I had to accept that.