Deadly Secrets 37

Deadly Secrets

Chapter 37:

Before The Court Officialy Ended, Maddison Came Up To Me Crying. "I Know It Was You.. You Killed My Sister!", She Started Yelling. She Was About To Fight Back But Two Police Officers Had Pulled Her Away In Time. The Judge Still Sat In In His Chair About To Pack Up. I Thought For A Long While. I Mean A Really Long While. And Then I Knew The PERFECT Idea. I Just Hoped To God That The Judge Would Believe It. "Excuse Me Sir!", I Yelled Before He Packed Any Further. He Looked At Me And Tilted Down His Eye Glasses. "I Have To Tell You Something.." He Took A Deep Breath And Sighed. "You Have No More Than Five Minutes.", I Smiled And Thanked Him. That Was More Than Enough Time. "Listen, Andrew Didn't Kill.. Maddisons Sister. Everything I'm About To Tell You Is True. You Have To Believe Me. Do You Know Walter Daniels?", I Asked. He Widened His Eyes. "Of Course I Know Him. He's Most Wanted For A Long Time Now, Why Do You Ask?", He Looked Concerned. "Well... He's Dead. He Kindapped Me, Raped Me Beat Me And Has Done Almost Anything You Could Think Of To Me In The Most Horrid Ways Possible. I Managed To Escape One Lucky Day. I Took His Car When I Had The Chance. He Shot Me In My Leg Left Leg But I Still Got Away. But When I Was At His House He Told Me.. He Told Me About Maddissons Sister. About How He Did Almost The Same Thing To Her As Well. Except He Killed Her Instead. If I Would've Stayed Any Longer Then I Would've Been Dead Too. He Told Me Where He Hid The Body Just Before He Was Killed. When I Was Driving The Car Away To Escape I Crashed And Ended Up Having To Go Into The Hospital. Hours After I Was There This Detective Showed Up, Or So I Thought, In My Hospital Room. He Started Asking Me These Weird Questions. Suddenly He Stood Up And Took Off His Hat And Jacket. It Was Walter. He Tried To Smother And Kill Me With It, But My Friend Brian Fought Him. Walter Had A Gun But Brian Managed To Take It Away From Him. At First He Wasn't Gonna Shoot, But Then He Started Naming Off All Of The Things He Did To Me. Brian Went Insane And Shot Him.. Right In The Head. I Don't Know Why Me And Andrew Said That We Killed Maddisons Sister. I Was Just Scared And I Didn't Know What I Was Doing. And He Was Sticking Up For Me Like I Did For Him. But You've Got To Believe Me..", I Explained. I Touched The Judges Hand. "Ask The Doctor, Police..Ask Anyone About The Incident And They'll Say It's True, But I'm Telling You That Andrew's Innocent I Promise You. You Have To Let Him Go. Walter Killed That Girl. We Had No Reason To Ever Hurt Her.", I Said. I Zoned Out For A Moment. I Was A Damn Good Liar, But I Hoped Like Hell That It Was Worth It. My Hands Were Behind My Back And I Had My Fingers Crossed Hoping Like Crazy He Would've Said Something. I Looked At The Judge. He Took Off His Glasses, Rubbed His Forehand. He Sat There In Silence For. a Few Moments And Finally Spoke. "Shannon... If Would've Said This In The First Place, You Would've Never Been Stuck In Such A Predicament Like This. You Can't Just Go Around Lying For People, You Have To Tell The Straight Up Truth And Everything Would've Been Fine. Shannon This Is Very Serious. Someone Is DEAD Because Of All Of This. For God Sakes You Could've Been Killed.", He Rubbed His Head Again And Took Another Deep Breath. "Officers! Bring Me Andrew Carter At Once.", He Said. I Had No Idea What He Was Doing. My Stomach Twisted Inside Of Me. I Saw Two Cops Holding Andrew By His Arms With Handcuffs Behind His Back. They Brought Him Up Towards The Judge. "Listen Boy, I Don't Like Cases Like These, People Who Kill People And I Definitely Don't Like Being Lied To.." This Was Going To End Bad. It Would've Made Things Worse Again When I Wanted Them To Get Better. "But Your Sister Here Just Saved Your Life. And I Believe Her. I Don't Have To Ask Anyone. Thanks To Her.. I Guess I'll Release You. Life In Prison Seems A Bit Harsh For A Kid Your Age. But If Walter Daniels Was Still Alive, He'd Be That The One In That Jail Cell For All Eternity.", He Said With A Straight. "I Don't Wanna Ever See You Two Back Here AGAIN.", He Demanded. I Gave The Judge A Huge Hug. He Made The Two Cops Unlock Andrew's Handcuffs And He Was Set Free. As Soon As He Was, He Ran Straight Up To Me In Relief And Squeezed Me Tight For A Long,Long Time. We Both Cried. Now Everything Was All Definitely, Finally Over. Me And Andrew Haven't Hugged Each Other In Forever. I Was More Than Relieved Because Walter Was Dead And No Ones Going To Prison For Murder. My Heart Was Racing Fast. "Thank You Shannon! Thank You So Much, I'm So Sorry I Really Am. After All I've Done To You, After All Of The Things I Said.. And You Still Covered For Me? I Took Everything Out On You When I Was Acting Like Some Jack Ass.", He Smiled And Hugged Me Once More. He Let Go And Bent Down Near My Stomach. "I'm Especially Sorry To You. For All I've Put You Through. This Time I'm Gonna Change. Back Into The Way Things Were Before Any Of This Began. I Promise..", He Said. He Threw Me On His Back. And Piggybacked Out The Door. I Laughed. This Was The Start Of Something New. Not For Me But For The Baby Too. When We Got Outside To The Car, Brian Was Shocked. He Didn't Expect To See Andrew. They Both Made Up With Eachother And Andrew Apologized To Him. About Everything. Andrew Let Me Down And All 3 Of Us Got It The Car. Andrew Told Me To Put My Earphones In My Ears. I Did As He Said. Then He Gave Me A Blindfold To Wrap Around My Face And Tied It Around The Back Of My Head. Five Minutes Later Andrew Tapped My Leg And I Took Off The Blindfold And Earphones. "We're Here.", Said Brian. We Were At Some Restaurant Called 'Addagio'. "What's This Place? And Why Are We Here?..", I Asked Confused. Brian Got Out And Opened The Door For Me. "Come On. Let's Go In And Eat.", He Said. Once We Got Inside It Smelled Really Good. I Could See Them Buttering Some Crab And Then I Noticed All Sorts Of Cakes And Pies In The Dessert Area. "Nice Place Huh?", Asked Andrew. I Nodded. We All Sat Down At A Table And Ordered Our Food. Brian Ordered The Boiled Ravioli, Andrew Had The Chicken Parmesan, And I Just Ordered A Small Plate Of Spaghetti. Ten Minutes Later They Brought Our Plates. I Was Starving And So Was Everyone Else. As Soon As The Food Arrived We Attacked It And Then We Were Done. I Was Full. "Shannon, You Can't Be That Full. You Only Had One Plate And You Haven't Even Had Dessert Yet. I Sighed. I Was About To Get Up And Get Me A Slice Of Pie But Brian Stopped Me. "Sit Down. I'll Order For You.", He Smiled. When The Waiter Arrived, I Noticed That He Was Bringing A Large Cake Over To Our Table. "Brian, You Didn't Have To-" "I Know I Didn't Have To. I WANTED To. Now Let Me Cut You A Slice. I Heard That The Cake Here Melts It Your Mouth. Brian Picked Up The Fork And Fed Me A Taste. He Was Right. It Was So Good. I Was Enjoying My Cake Until I Noticed Something Shiny And Hard In It. I Dug It Out. "A Ring? Why Is There A Ring In My-" Brian Took My Hand. "Shannon M. Carters. I Love You. I Really Do And I Know I'm Still Young But I Can't Help Who I Fall For. You're The One I Want To Be With For The Rest Of My Life Now. I Wanna Be With You And The Baby." He Touched My Stomach, Grabbed The Ring And Got Down On One Knee. "Will You Please Marry Me?", He Asked. I Almost Choked On My Cake. I Was Just Proposed To. What Was I Supposed To Say? I Was In Shock. "Yes! Of Course!", I Laughed Then Cried. I Couldn't Believe What Just Happened. The Whole Restaurant Applauded Us As We Sealed It With A Kiss. He Slid The Ring On My Finger. "It Was My Mom's Ring Before She Passed. She Gave It To Me And Told Me To Keep It. Keep It Until I've Found That Special Someone. And Now, Here You Are Standing Right In Front If Me.", I Wiped The Tears Away From My Face. No More Walter, No More ANYTHING. It Was All Finally... OVER.