I don't care

I woke up feeling that my chest is panting hard and my head feels like it's too heavy. My eyes slowly open, welcoming rays of sunlight on my right, as my ears hearing some beeps.

I continue to roam my eyes around the four cornered room that was painted with white. Each time i try to move my eyes from one thing to another, it's proving me that i'm in the hospital. The beeps that i am hearing, is surely coming from the machine beside my single bed.

Suddenly, the door opens, revealing Vincent, holding a cup on his hand. I quickly close my eyes, pretending that i'm still not awake. I don't want him to notice me.

As i feel his presence beside me, my breathing almost stop. A sudden rush of feeling came into my senses, it feels so familiar. His fingers softly brush into my left hand as i feel him kiss it softly.

I want to kiss him. I want to hug him. I just want to feel him, but i remember all the things that happened. All the things that he said and did to me, i feel like i'm a trash now.

A tear slip down my eye, i can't stop it, i really can't. I hope he will not notice it, but, i'm wrong cause he did. He softly wipe my cheek, then place a soft kiss on my forehead.

"It's the seventh morning that your here, baby." I heard him stated beside me. It feels like his lips were just few inches away from my ear, cause i can clearly hear his breathing.

As i heard him, i quickly calculated everything in my head. Seventh day? A week in this hospital? A hell week?

"I miss you.. I miss sleeping beside you, i miss everything about you." He murmured with shaky voice. Everything that he is saying, i'm not believing it anymore, because all the things that he have done, it left a scar in my heart.

"Just wake up, cause we need to get married and have kids, remember?" Huh? Is he insane? Is he really talking to me?

"We need to go to your family because they need to meet your fiancé.. I need to meet my in laws, Isabelle." He continue. I think, his crazy. He don't want me, he made it clear to me last time that we talked.

"We still need to go to Justin and Mitch's party, that i still don't know what was that for.. We have many things to do, so please, wake up baby.." I can hear how his voice sounded so hurt. But anger is still filling up my whole, i still don't want to talk to him.

Few minutes later, i give up on pretending that i'm still asleep. I move my fingers first, then my arms, then slowly open my eyes.

"Isabelle? Oh my-- you're awake!" Vincent screamed, it sounded too chick. He quickly press the nurse station button, saying that i'm already awake. And later on, two nurses came, with a doctor, that looks like she's at the same age with my mother.

"Hi Isabelle, i'm Dr. Viel, how are you feeling now?" She chirpily asked me, while clasping her hands. I attempted to talk, but no words were coming out from my mouth. It seems so dry inside my mouth.

"W-w-wat-er." It looks like i'm begging them, but it's the only way i can say it. The nurses behind her, quickly get what i asked for then help me to get up on my bed, then give me the water that i am asking for.

"You feeling a little good now?" I nodded as she asked me. My eyes look around, Vincent is standing beside them, looking at me with that teary eyes. It's fake for me.

"I need to ask you--" The doctor was cut off by a phone that was ringing. Vincent excuse himself, saying that it's an important call.

"Doctor, how many days that i've been here?" I huskily asked, still practicing myself to talk. It's hard, feeling like there's something blocking your throat.