The Offer

"I think I'm not going to school next year..." I bow my head, not even looking at my friends who are still concern about me.

"But you're on scholarship program Belle and we know you can." Mitch assuringly said as her hand holds mine, lightly squeezing it. I look at them both, seeing concern filling up their eyes.

"Yeah. Belle, you can borrow money from us. Just give it back when you already have... Or no! We'll just give you some." Aina said, then pulled her wallet out of her bag then get some bucks out of it but I stopped her and shook my head.

"Girls, it's okay. We all know that I'm studying here because of my scholarship. I don't have anything. Not like you both." I sighed.

Aina and Michelle were born with silver spoons on their mouths. Their families are one of the richest family here in our country. So they have the money... The cars... Everything! Everything else that life has to offer.

"You have us! There's nothing to worry about." Michelle got up from her seat then pulled me up for a hug. Without them, I'm hopeless with my life.

"Uh oh! What's up with the hug girls?"
We release each other from the hug then look for the one who said that. Of course! It's none other than the group of arrogant bad boys!

"It's not your business, idiot!" Michelle answered back while getting back on her seat.

I sit back on my place and ignore these group of guys. I'm not interested with them. I have many problems in my life and I don't want to add any now.

"Hi Isabelle!" I smiled at Ryan as he greeted me. He's the only one who is kind from that group. The remaining three were arrogant and mean.

So it's like this, they are four guys on their group. Ryan is the nicest one. Phil and Justin are the cool ones. Then there's Vincent. Let's not talk about him.

"So why are you here?" Michelle but in. She don't like these boys. I don't know why.

"My girlfriend is here kitten. So please... Just shut up!" Phil make his way to Aina. Yeah, they are together. In spite of all the things that we say to her about him. She's still in love with that idiot.

"I'm leaving. You coming Mitch?" I get up from my seat, put my bag on my shoulder then look at Mitch. I don't need to deal with these guys. I'm not one of those girls falling on their knees just to have these guys. Duh!

"Nope, I need to do this damn project because MY partner in this project is not helping me!" She rolled her eyes then glared at Justin. So, that's why.

"Excuse me little girl. I told you that I'll be helping you but you said that..." I didn't need to listen to their argument so I started to walk then head out of the cafeteria.

I still have a few minutes before my next class so I can still go to my locker. While I'm walking, I noticed some students are still in the hallway. The sound of their chatter fills up the halls and the sight of unending PDAs from different couples is contagious.

I put my things inside my locker when my phone started to ring. I rummaged my messy bag. As I found it, the ringing stopped. I look at my screen and saw that the missed call is from my boss.

A minute later I received a text message. A message that can be the reason to pursue my suicidal attempts.

From : Sir Albert

Don't report today. Effective immediately, you're on furlough. I'm sorry. We need to lessen our work force. We know that you need money but we're not getting the targeted sales of the bookstore now. Again, I'm sorry.