Chapter 10

I wasn't sure how long it took for Zayn to arrive, but when he got there, I was a wreck. Crying my eyes out in to the grass as I laid there, the earth beneath me wet with my tears. I heard Zayn run to me, and felt him pull me onto his lap as he hushed me gently, wispering things in my ear. My breathing began to steady in Zayn's grip as he rocked me back and forth, comfortingly.

"Come on Niall, let's go back to the hotel, yeah?" He asked, and I nodded still not trusting my voice. He helped me up, supporting me as we walked towards the car. I was greatfull for him not asking what was wrong, because I would break if I retold the story.

"Sorry I had to wake you Zayn." I said as we got to the car.

"It's fine, honestly Niall." He smiled at me, getting in the car. I did the same, as he started the engine.

An awkward silence fell between us and I knew he wanted me to tell him what happened but didn't want to upset me. Blankly, I stared out the window at the scenery rushing by, but didn't take any of it in, plus, it was quite dark to see anything. I replayed Liam and I's kiss over and over in my mind, forcing back the tears that sprang in my eyes. I didn't get it. He started leaning in first, why should he blame me? He laid on me in the first place! He must have known that was asking for trouble.

I was dragged out of my thoughts as the car came to a stop, and we were back at the hotel. We crept in again, avoiding the few fans that fell asleep outside.

Zayn walked with me silently to our room, before he got changed into night clothes.

"Zayn, I'm just gonna see something." I said, leaving the room, and also leaving a very confused Zayn.

Quietly, I crept across the hallway and opened the door to Liam's hotel room and peered in. Liam was asleep, or he looked asleep, but Sophia still wasn't back. I scowled at the thought of where she could be right now, and what shw might be doing.

Not wanting to wake him, I perched at the end of the bed and watched him sleep. His eyes were closed gently, his breathing steady and his mouth slightly open. I smiled as I watched him, getting tempted to fiddle with his hair, which was messy and all over the place. Carefully, I shuffled towards him, and gingerly reached out to brush the hair from his face.

His lips formed a smile as I did so, making my lips do the same.

"You asked why I picked Zayn. Then why'd you pick Sophia?" I whispered, leaning down and laying my head on to his chest, and snuggling up next to him. Though still asleep, somehow, his arm wrapped around me, holding me in a tight embrace. Relaxing, I leant in to his touch, feeling warmth radiate from his body.

I shouldn't be here, Zayn will wonder where I am, and Sophia might come back, but my heart wouldn't allow me to move, and plus, Liam's grip was pretty tight.

My eyes gently closed, as I felt Liam's warm, gently breath on the back of my neck, making me shiver, but warming me at the same time.

I slowly drifted to sleep, thinking about Liam and our kiss trying to forget the way he rejected me and trying not to think of what would happen when Liam wakes up in the morning.

---------------------------------------

Hiiiiiiii! I know this was short, but it's really late where I am, and I'm tired. I find I can write better at night, but I run the risk of my mum seeing me, and I might fall asleep.

Anyways, only about 15 more votes until 100! Yayyy! Thank you guys, it means so much. And the comments are amazing to read!
Thanks for your kind words, it really helps me to keep writing. Keep it up!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter,
:D