Sickness, Wine and Assurance, and Hazing

Konekomaru’s POV:

I picked up the phone, my fingers expertly pressing on the numbers 1470-96-30-25, then holding up the phone to my cheek. After one ring, the call was answered, followed by a groggy voice. “Himi-chan? Himi-chan, you there?” I ask softly, my voice high and frantic as I sat in Shima and I’s room, my feet rested on the table and a book was set in my lap.

“Oho! I got it!” The voice’s tone became cheerful and smooth, though was immediately followed by hacks. “Ack, sorry about that, I just had-”

“I’m coming over there immediately!” I say determined, starting to pack a bag full of medicine and a towel, along with a day's change of clothes.

"Oi. You don't need to-" The blonde girl protested, but I already was shuffling out of the door, starting towards the train station as I ignored the annoyed rambling that blared from my phone.

"Koneko-chan you better have gotten on this phone or I swear to Kami that I will strangle you with my tail!" Hoshimi roared, her voice fading as I hopped into the train, collapsing on the rubbery seat as I noticed the colorful stops of our route, starting to try and see which stop I would get off on before time.

"Gomen! But it's already almost Summer break, and so I need to make sure you pass the class with us!" I say sheepishly, then my brow furrows. "Are Bon and Nat-chan over there? I would think that Bon is making her study hard for the finals..." I then say with a slightly shaky voice, my smile a leer as I remembered the last time Bon had helped us study.

"I don't know, they're on the roof, so- oh shit!" There was a loud thud, and shuffling was heard on the other line. A burst of laughter was heard, but it immediately ceased at a familiar 'Rainbow-spitting Baka' along with a small sniffle.

"Himi-chan?" I ask with a small, meek squeak as I heard the ruckus. After another yelp and pause, with shuffling and muffled coos and stammers from the distance.

"Oi! Do you mean the rainbow spitting Baka, Konekomaru?" Bon's voice came to the speaker, making me wince.

"N-never mind I'll call later!" I ramble about some random excuse of the train having to take some of its tracks off since something hit it and that we had to evacuate for now, and so I let out a soft breath as I slumped into the seat, wiping sweat from my brow. That girl would be the death of me.

Rin’s POV:

After getting the wine for the two four-legged creatures, Shiemi glared at me as best as she could while petting the cats that were purring and waddling around her, so it wasn’t very much of an effort. “Rin, you really need to get yourself out of trouble!” She scolded, a frown on her lips that contorted her pale, usually flushed, cheeks. I huff and pucker up my lips in protest, making her roll her eyes with a little smile.

“But Shiemi-chan, it’s kinda hard not to when you’re watched over by someone all the time~” I whine, and start to get up, looking at the clock. “Damn, they said they would come home soon.” I point out, making her shrug and sigh a little, guilt clouding up her face.

“True...maybe something happened.” She started uncertainly, and her eyes widened slightly. “What if it was my fault? N-Na-chan and Hoshi-chan would-they would hate me…”  Her voice grew soft, making me look to her and then purse my lips, then sit down next to her with an apron on my front. “Eh?” She looked up to me, only to squeal with laughter as I started to pinch her sides and tickle her. “R-Rin, stop!” She whined, her eyes closed and her face flushing from lack of breath.

“Not until you become positive again!” I demand, and grin as she then laughs a little more, leaning back and smiling a little up at me. “You ready now?” I chuckle, and gently pinch her cheek as she fiddled with the end of her shorts. I noticed how throughout the school year, since the girl had first come here, she eventually grew out of her kimonos and shy attitude.

“Mm. Gomene, for making it seem sad and-mmf!” She couldn’t finish, because I placed my lips on hers with a light peck, leaning back and smiling down at her.

“Don’t apologize for that. I’m a good listener, and I can beat some asses!”

Rin!

Hoshimi’s POV:

After letting Nat dry my hair off, I pushed it back before laying across Konekomaru’s lap, bored and refreshed after a nice, warm bath. “Neko-chan~ Let’s go play at the playground!” I offer, smiling widely then coughing a little. I then whine as Bon takes my collar like a mother kitten to its young, holding me up and dropping me down onto the couch.

“Not for you, rainbow spitter. You’re staying right here to get better. Or when we go back. Which is-”

“In a few hours. It’s only about 5:00, and the next train’s at 8:30. Konekomaru, when’d you try to come? It takes a while to get here…” Nat finished, striding in after Bon while Akiko was at her side. My eyes narrowed at the caramel-skinned woman, but she only smirked haughtily back, as if saying, ‘Know your place’. And I probably should. The woman was sly and intelligent, getting what she desired when she wanted it, like a coyote. However, she seemed wise and looking burdened at times, like a turtle. Nat said that her ancestors and relatives had animals that resembled their personalities, so what animal was hers?

“Himi-chan, how about you help me cook the meal for tonight?” Konekomaru asks, his glasses the familiar round and big as I stared at him. It made me a little happy, that something here looked familiar, even if it could break any time. I nod, noticing I was spacing out a lot more than I usually did. I slap my cheeks with a soft thwack, Nat turning to me with a confused gaze and Konekomaru with wide eyes.

“Gomene! I was daydreaming a lot, must be tired-ack!” I cough out the last part, and then turn my head embarrassed as I sneezed, it loud and like a horse’s snort. Bon stifled a snicker, until Nat gently smacked his arm, giving a scolding glare at the taller boy. He huffed, but obeyed and tried to stop himself as another sneeze came.

“Sweetie, you’re probably sick. Go on and go to bed, Konekomaru, you go on and help her, to make sure she doesn’t try to climb out the window.” Nat sooths me as she hands me a tissue, holding my chin with a hand as she wiped at my nose.

“Oi! I can do it myself, thank you.” I protest, and wrinkle up my face as I try to pull away from her. She sighs but nods, and lets go before tossing away the tissue in the waste bin near us. Bon propped his arm up on Nat’s head, making her blush and try to duck her head, though it was no use to the other boy. “And I won’t climb out the window, I’m not a delinquent, like Bonnie here.” I pat Bon’s chest twice, making him wince and cast a death stare to me.

“Don’t get into that argument right now, Rainbow spitter!” He retorts, his eyebrows furrowed as Nat tugged on his hand, giving another look to him. With a little eye smexing between the two, he let out a soft sigh before glaring at me.

“Just go to bed before I drag you there…” He sputtered out as Nat still had her eyes boring up at him, and it was obvious that he knew of the consequences that came if he didn’t follow the silent command. I figure that this is how they are in bed, her the definite dom and him the servant. I chuckle at that thought, and then turn on my heel.

“Okies! Just don’t be doin’ anything without protection, ya hear? Otherwise, Rin-onii and I’ll have your ass!” I shout so the rest of the household to hear, making Konekomaru spit out his juice that he was gulping down, and Nat’s eyes widened to the size of saucers.

“Nee-san, you get right back here!” I start to run as the girl starts towards me with a deep blush and a stumbling reaction of her feet, so I giggle as she chases me. I’ll miss this so, so much.

I guess you don’t appreciate what you have until it’s gone.