Chapter 17

The hot water dances on my skin. I feel every drop as it trickles down my bare body and on to the tile floor before it swirls around at my feet and exits out the drain. My heart is still racing. Every time I close my eyes all I see is Oliver's body on top of mine and him moaning out my name. I could've sworn he was enjoying it and it's not like I forced him to have sex with me. I know I cannot catch feels and that the part of no strings attached means not letting anything bother me, but the look on his face afterwards is haunting me within every ticking second that passes. Could it be that I was that bad? 

I turn the shower off and grab one of the white luxurious towels the hotel has hanging on the towel rack. I dry my body off slowly in attempts to kill more time before having to walk out and face Oliver. How am I supposed to remain friends with him now? Were we even friends?

My phone buzzes on the counter. I walk over, sliding my t-shirt over my head in the process. The screen lights up with Ants face. I hit answer and hold it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

There's a muffled noise before Anthony's deep voice comes through.

"Well hello to my favorite little celebrity."

Despite the fact that he cannot see me, I roll my eyes. I will never be an actual celebrity despite the little incident from earlier, which he doesn't know about and now I'm definitely not going to tell him. This is all because of Harry. A majority of the hype are people that don't even read. They just see my name and want to associate me with their idol because he appreciates my writing. I can guarantee you the people who chased us earlier have no idea who I am or what I'm affiliated with. 

"Whatcha up to?" I ask letting the celebrity comment slide by. I can hear him shift in what sounds like the bed.

"Nothing much, just getting ready for bed. It's getting kind of late for my antique soul."

I pull my phone away from my ear and see it's only 8:56 pm here which means it's 10:56 pm in Texas. Despite Anthony's love to spend his nights on the town, typically throughout the week he's in bed before 9 pm. Another reason why he is the best roommate. I mean I can't really compare Oliver to Ant's area of similarities, but if Ant were with me on this trip, we'd both be in bed by now and I wouldn't have just had sex with him.

"Lame," I say and slide on my pair of underwear. I begin searching for a pair of shorts and realize I didn't grab them. I told myself I would, but given the situation at hand, it completely slipped my mind.

"You know it, babes."

I laugh.

"How was your day? Missing me yet?"

His breath echoes into the phone as he chuckles, "Of course I do. My life is dull and lonesome without you. When are you coming home again?"

I stare at myself in the large mirror. My face is blushed and I look exhausted. With the amount of walking we did today, you can physically see it catching up to my body, but unfortunately, it hasn't caught up to my brain. I doubt I'll be able to sleep at all tonight.

"That's a good question. I don't know. I keep saying I'm going to get an itinerary from Andy, but I haven't yet. Matter of fact, let me text him." I click the speaker button my screen and loosely look through my recent messages. I click on his name and type: Great day boss, but uh can I get that itinerary?

"How's that bodyguard of yours?" Ant says, making me fumble my phone and take him off of speaker. The flustered expression radiating through my body alarms me.

"What do you mean?" I ask, walking back over to the shower and turning it on. I might be in the bathroom but Oliver's bed is against the wall to it and let's face it, there's really no privacy in hotel rooms.