Chapter 35

Hajime's Third Person P.O.V.

A gunshot rang through the air, piercing Panda in the stomach. Blood began flowing freely out of the wound, staining the ground with a crimson color.

"Who are you guys?" Hajime asked, confusion clouding his thoughts.

"We're here to save you," The lilac haired girl tightened the black gloves around her hands.

The brunette stared at the three people who had entered the chamber just a few minutes ago in awe. Where had he seen them before? Had he met them before?

"Now if you want Ko to not die, I suggest you let me handle this situation from here on out."

"Ehm... Kirigiri? Don't we need to introduce ourselves first?" The small brunette in the corner of the room asked the girl.

"The servant's dying here. Names can obviously come after." She replied with no emotion.

"Tch. This is all a waste of time." The blonde teen grumbled in the corner. He was wearing a fancy suit. But for what occasion?

"Please! Help me save him!" Hajime pleaded.
He didn't want Ko to die. There were only five minutes left, and they were ticking away as they speak.

Kirigiri, the lilac haired girl, placed an elbow onto a certain part of a wall, causing the structure to move to the side, revealing a secret room.

She grabbed one of the vials from the shelves, checking it carefully and quickly.

"Take the syringe and sink the needle into the vein on his neck." She ordered Hajime, throwing the needle into his hands.

The brunette fumbled a bit with the antidote, but somehow managed to properly insert it into the albino's cold body.

Immediately, Ko began to relax, his muscles gaining strength again, released from paralysis.

"Haj...ime?" He croaked in a cracked voice.

"Sshh.." He hushed the albino. "Everything's going to be fine when you wake up. Just go to sleep now."

Kirigiri turned away from the pair, closing her eyes as if she were in deep concentration.

"Togami. You carry The Servant." She ordered.

"What? Me? You must be kidding. I'm an heir, not a giver of piggy-back rides." He pushed his glasses up his nose. "Why don't you do it, since you're suggesting the idea."

"Because. I'm a lady, and you're not. Therefore, it's only logical for a man to carry another person of the same gender." She countered.

"Guys...." The brunette tried to break the tension in between the two.

"Make Makoto do it." Togami spat. "He's a man."

"He's not strong enough. He can't even carry me. What makes you think that he would be able to carry someone double his weight?" She glared.

Makoto? Makoto Naegi? What?

"Tch. You all are useless human beings." He folded his arms together. "Come on boy," He turned towards Hajime, "Give me the Servant."

Hajime hesitated for a split second, before deciding to trust these people.

"Are you all..." Hajime spoke. "Fictional characters?"

Makoto laughed nervously.

"Yes...? Does it suprise you? I mean, you've already encountered a few before..." He scratched the back of his head.

"So you're Makoto Naegi, the founder of the foundation of the future in the H.O.P.E. series, right?"

"Well... I wouldn't say I was the founder... but okay..."

Hajime looked at the poker faced girl.

"You're Kyoko Kirigiri, Ultimate Detecrive, and a comrade of Makoto's."

He turned towards the blonde.

"Then you must be Byakuya Togami, Ultimate Heir, and also partners with Makoto."

The blonde flashed his glasses at Hajime.

"I prefer to be called Togami. It's more formal than using my first name, thank you very much."

One question still bothered Hajime.

"What are you all doing here anyways?" He narrowed his eyes.

"It's what I told you," Kirigiri stated, "We're here to lend you our help. Do you want it or not?"

"Yes but, how did you get here? Doesn't someone need to summon you? Perhaps the author?"

The trio stared at each other, debating internally.

"We broke the Fourth Wall." Makoto laughed lightly.

Fourth Wall? That was real?

"The Fourth Wall, as you know, is the barrier than separates fictional characters from the real world. In this case, I found a way through it without Him figuring out." Kirigiri explained.

"Exactly who is Him?"

"The author."

Hajime was pissed.

"I want the name! Not just 'the author'!" He yelled at the trio.

A moment of silence.

"I'm afraid we can't tell you everything, since it's forbidden to us, and we might be getting watched." Her purple eyes darted across the room.

"Anyways, we should get back up to the surface and straighten things out there. Right, Kirigiri?" The short brunette glanced at the lilac haired detective for affirmation.

She nodded.

"Makoto, support Togami when he's climbing up the ladder so the Servant doesn't fall off his back."

Makoto saluted.

"You got it chief!"  

"Don't call me that. Come on Hajime."

A bazillion questions flooded the brunette's mind. How did they know his name? How did they know where he was? What exactly was happenibg? How did fictional characters suddenly come to life?

He was so lost in his thoughts, he almost didn't hear Makoto yell his name.

"Hajime! Are you coming?" His voice echoed  from above.

"Yeah! I'll be there in a second!" He replied.

Brushing away the thoughts for later, the brunette walked past the corpse of Panda.

Well, at least he thought it was a corpse.

That brat was still alive.

Panda's weak hand grabbed the ankle of Hajime's leg, stopping him momentarily.

He opened his mouth, and words flowed out of it in a dark tone.

"This is all a game." Panda smirked weakly before going limp, the life disappearing from his eyes.

He deserved to die. He made Hajime feel all this pain. He made Ko feel all this pain.

Then why did Hajime feel sympathy over Panda's dead body? Was it the fact that he was probably manipulated by the main mastermind of all this?

Not looking back, the brunette climbed up the metal bars of the ladder.

The words were glued into his brain like a chant.

"This is all a game. All a game. A game. Game."

What did Panda mean? What was a game? How was it a game? Who was playing the game? Or perhaps... who was being played in this game?

Too many questions, too few answers. Hajime needed more time.