Chapter 23

I love Ko.

In my opinion, he deserves more love than what he gets, honestly.

Video isn't mine.

_____________________________________________

Hajime's Third Person P.O.V.

The brunet wiped off the dust from the piano that was located in a room that he had never seen before in Ko's house.

He had woken up earlier than Ko and made himself breakfast (and helped himself to a couple of mochis). He let the albino sleep in since he was still recovering from the knife wound.

Talking about wounds, Hajime's injuries were healing up, leaving some scars. He touched the lid of the piano gingerly, his fingertips collecting the dust that sat there.

The grand piano had been placed inside a small, cramped room just down the hallway. Hajime had never noticed this room until he decided to actually explore the house.

The room smelled of dust and old age, causing Hajime to cough when he first walked into it.

Man, this is going to take a long time to clean. The brunet huffed.

Using a mop and wet wipes, he cleaned off all the dust particles that clung to the curtains and the piano.

They scattered all across the room as Hajime flung open the curtains, letting the dust particles fly off the material.

He didn't quite understand why Ko needed curtains. They were in a sewer for goodness sake. It was going to be dark outside, so why curtains?

Hmmm.

The brunet continued to clean the place, leading an army of Kleenex wipes and Freebreez air fresheners against the miserable and throat clogging dust particles that littered the whole room.

                                                       ~

"Ah. Finally finished." He whispered to himself.

The room was completely spotless, for he had cleaned every nook and cranny.
His gaze landed upon the smooth black surface of the piano.

Ko did mention that he could play the piano. Hajime wondered how it would sound like if he tried playing it.

He lifted up the lid covering the keyboard, propping it up against the smooth surface behind it.

A row of various black and white keys met his gaze. Great. No color markings to differentiate the keys from one another. 

Why did it have to be black and white? The piano was black already. White just made it an eyesore.

The brunet pressed a key with his index finger.

A note drifted out from the stomach of the piano, bouncing off the walls.

Hajime sat down on the black (yet again) bench and skimmed his fingers across the piano.

He pressed the highest key, the one to his right-hand side. A high pitched note followed the action. To the opposite side, his left, a deep and low note sounded.

So it was low to high, huh.

His ruby red eyes drifted to his feet.

Eh? What were these golden things that poked out of the piano?

He stepped on one, but there was no reaction.

What if I press the golden thing while playing a key?