Chapter 13

Hajime's Third Person P.O.V.

He placed his hand upon Ko's forehead, and believe me, it was the same temperature as a fire.

"What the heck?"

He was burning up like crazy. Worst of all, Hajime had no knowledge about how to cure fevers or how to treat them. Desperate times like this requires desperate measures.
He had to call her.

"Uhm Mikan? Yeah, it's me. Hey, can I ask for a favor?"

                                                       ~

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" The purple-haired girl wailed.

"Mikan! Calm down! Now's not the time to be apologizing!"

"I'M SORRYYY!"

Hajime exhaled.

"Can you help me treat him?"

"Of c-course! I would gladly help Ko!"

Hajime had told Mikan Ko's name and his current state when he first called her.

Mikan rummaged through her first aid kit. She always lugged it along just in case someone needed medical attention.

You can't blame her, it's a habit. She is the Ultimate Nurse after all.

"EEEEK!" She suddenly shrieked.

"What is it?!"

"IT'S OVER ONE HUNDRED AND TWO DEGREES FAHRENHEIT!"

"WHAT THE ACTUAL- THAT'S NOT NORMAL RIGHT?"

The house was filled with panic and yelling now.

"SAYS THE ONE LIVING SECRETLY UNDER A MANHOLE!"Mikan yelled back.

She clamped a hand on her mouth, realizing her mistake. She had talked back to someone.

"I'm so sorry! Forgive me!" She wailed. Hajime didn't have time for this. He looked at Ko.

Was he... fading? What?

Is it because he was dying? And since he's a fictional character, this happens?

"MIKAAAANNNNN!!!! HURRY UP AND TREAT HIM!"

"YESYESYES!"

She lay a towel upon Ko's forehead. His breathing was all over the place, and he was sweating tons. Mikan hurried back to the bathroom to pour some medicine for Ko.

Hajime watched in slow motion as Mikan tripped over the ledge of the doorway and fell to the ground, taking the cup of medicine with her.

It toppled out of her hands and onto the floor, staining the carpet a dark crimson color.

"EEEEEKKK!"

"PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THAT WAS THE LAST DOSE OF MEDICINE YOU HAD!"

"IT WAAAAASSS!" The poor girl sobbed.

"DON'T YOU HAVE PILLS?"

"I CAN'T FEED AN UNCONSCIOUS PERSON PILLS!"

"AGRHHHGHGH!!"

Hajime was ticked off now.

"You know what, I'm just gonna head out and go get some more."

Before stepping out the door, Hajime muttered an order for Ko to stay here until he gets back, just like last time.

Ko's collar grew red, then faded back. Hajime was glad that Mikan was still crying because if she had seen what had happened, there would be a lot of questions.