Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Chance stayed silent while we walked to his car out front. And, when I say ‘walked’, I mean Chance jogging while I stumbled in my heels to keep up with him.

All the employees had already cleared out for the day. The lobby was empty with the exception of a few security guards and janitors.

Like Chance had ordered it to be, his Range Rover was still illegally parked out front, engine running. Upon seeing us, the valet scrambled to open my door.

Grateful, I shot the young man a smile, than tried to climb in to the SUV without flashing the world my cooch. It was a near impossible task considering the dress I was wearing.

Hungry for conversation to break the silence, I plucked up my courage and asked, “How far is Miguel’s hotel?”

Chance rounded a sharp corner, nearly taking out a stray person in the crosswalk. “Fifteen minutes, but I’ll get us there in five.”

My eyes widened and I grasped the “Oh Shit” handle, praying for my life.

True to his word, Chance got us to the hotel in time. When you think of drug dealers, you always assume that they do their drug deals in shady places.

However, the hotel in front of us was beautiful. Its towering height and crystal clear window panes screamed prestige.

“Wow, swanky place.”

Chance shrugged. “Considering that I own it, I’ll take that as a compliment.”

I gaped whilst Chance’s smirk returned. “Close your mouth. You might catch flies.”

“Douchebag,” I mumbled under my breath.

“What was that?” Chance asked.

I smiled sweetly. “Nothing, boss.”

He shot me a glare, but kept quiet as we pulled out front the hotel. Like always, a valet swarmed the car, hurrying to open my door.

I climbed out of the SUV and, for a moment, teetered in my Louboutins. The valet, a guy around my age with smooth, dark skin and mega-what smile, reached out to steady me.

“Thanks,” I murmured, noticing that his hand was still on my shoulder.

However, a second later it was gone, ripped off by an angry looking Chance.

“Keep your hands to yourself, buddy,” he warned, voice dropping an octave.

The valet looked like he was about to crap his pants. I might’ve laughed at the comedy of the situation if it wasn’t for Chance still death-glaring at the poor kid.

Knowing I had to rectify the situation, I placed a hand on Chance shoulders. Surprised by my sudden touch, Chance glanced over.

“Don’t we need to leave? I thought we were in a rush.”

Chance’s hand shot out and wrapped around my waist. “Yes, thank you for reminding me. Shall we?”

Smiling, I nodded and let him walk me through the grand revolving doors. The valet watched us, fear still swirling in his dark eyes. I shot him a small smile, when Chance wasn’t looking.

The inside of the hotel was even better than the outside.

The lobby itself was breath-taking. Freshly polished wood covered the floors. Gold trim lined the ceiling. Off to the side of the concierge desk was small area with leather couches and chairs set up. There was even a fountain in the middle of the lobby.