Chapter Four

Chapter Four

“Ugh, you again,” Chance scowled as I attempted to rub some of the coffee off my blouse.

Chance was in the same clothes as earlier except he had loosened his tie and unbottoned the top of his shirt.  His epression was something between a smirk and a scowl—something that Chance was very good at.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him. He was the exact opposite of what Kate told me he was like. Kate had told me that he was sweet, charing, and charismatic.

But this Chance-the real Chance- was a pompous, arrogant, egotistical ass. Everything from his condescending smirk to his patronizing attitude screamed douche.

He was nothing like the media made him out to be. So, either Chance had an identical twin, or split personalities.

“I’m so sorry!” I apologized, noticing that some of the mocha had gotten on him too.

Dammit!

Everything was going wrong today. Against my will, tears started to well up in my eyes. I blinked rapidly, trying to rid them.

I couldn’t cry. I needed to prove that I was strong and worthy of this internship.

But either my attempts to appear okay were feeble or Chance was an expert face reader because one look at me had Chance’s expression turning to one of disbelief.

“Are you seriously going to cry?”

His question upset me even further.

Unable to help myself, tears of anger ran freely down my cheeks. Blinking, I glanced back at the asshole, only to find his eyes already staring into mine. Like his stoic expression, his eyes gave nothing away.

“Just leave me alone,” I answered coldly as I attempted to brush past him.

Before I could get two steps away, a hand closed around my arm. I whirled around, ready to scream, but Chance cut me off.

“You aren’t getting off that easily. Considering you knocked into me twice, you’re going to rearrange my whole filing cabinet tonight.” That stupid smirk came to his face and his blue eyes turned mischievous.

Desperately, I wanted to slap him and tell him to shove his stupid file cabinet where the sun don’t shine, but knew that if I wanted to keep this internship I’d have to listen to him. I’m sure the bastard could take my internship away faster than anyone.

“Fine,” I said and wiped my tears away quickly. It was bad enough that Chance saw me crying. I didn’t want any of the other executives to see my tear streaked face either.

“I think you spilled a little.” Chance pointed to my shirt and I looked down. Sure enough, there was a huge brown stain on my blouse.